iPhone 5 launch to be blocked by Samsung?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
The smartphone wars are heating up!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09...ars_rumble_on/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

No.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Idiotic article

whose eagerly awaited launch has been delayed already.

Except you can't possibly know that.

Quote:

and its belief that the iPhone 5 will make use of some of these.

"Your honor, instead of trying to block devices that already exist that use these patents and instead of suing them four years ago, we've decided to sue Apple for MAYBE POSSIBLY using some of our patents in a device that MAYBE EXISTS BUT WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT SO WE CAN'T BE SURE. How's that sound?"

"Screw you. Case dismissed."
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

No.

Except you can't possibly know that.

"Your honor, instead of trying to block devices that already exist that use these patents and instead of suing them four years ago, we've decided to sue Apple for MAYBE POSSIBLY using some of our patents in a device that MAYBE EXISTS BUT WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT SO WE CAN'T BE SURE. How's that sound?"

"Screw you. Case dismissed."

IMHO, I don't see Samsung trying to block sales of Apple's newest iPhone throughout Europe. Simply a rumor at this point, one of many involving Apple.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Baseless ridicule is the best you've got?

Yeah, that is funny...!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post

Baseless ridicule is the best you've got?

Yeah, that is funny...!

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you took the entire time between 11:58 (when my post was finished) and 12:25 (when you posted this) to write that, otherwise you'd have seen the updates I made.