iTunes on iOS: can't sort stuff?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Can iTunes on iOS (iPod app) not sort our music like on the Mac?

E.g by Rating, Date Added, etc. Just like iTunes.

I usually download new songs, and ones that I like I rate highly, and then I listen to them for a few weeks. Then I repeat the process. I don't see how I can replicate that functionality on the iPod app on my iPad 2?

Even Android music players can show and sort by iTunes Ratings.

Can it be that sorting on iPod App isn't possible? Please say it ain't so! Most people listen to music on iOS these days not even MacOS. I can't believe Apple missed this. It's up there with not being able to sort App Store apps, again, by Rating.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Also is it really true there is no Equalizer?

Even free Android apps can sort by iTunes ratings and have Equalizers.

I hope I'm just missing something?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,333moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

Also is it really true there is no Equalizer?

There are equalizer presets in the settings app under iPod but it would be nice to have it inside the app and per song and custom sliders.

Sorting per rating would be good or even just hide songs below a certain number of stars.

I'd quite like them to include a function to delete songs from the iPod too and have that deletion reverse-synced back to my computer. This way I can do some library management on iOS.

Given that iOS 5 is PC-free, I expect there to be a bit more control on the iDevices than previous versions but we'll see in a couple of weeks.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

There are equalizer presets in the settings app under iPod but it would be nice to have it inside the app and per song and custom sliders.

Sorting per rating would be good or even just hide songs below a certain number of stars.

I'd quite like them to include a function to delete songs from the iPod too and have that deletion reverse-synced back to my computer. This way I can do some library management on iOS.

Given that iOS 5 is PC-free, I expect there to be a bit more control on the iDevices than previous versions but we'll see in a couple of weeks.

Agreed! Good idea.

Do presets overamplify? I hate presets that turn UP a band without equally turning DOWN the overall amplification equally, resulting in grainy sounding music.

I am surprised how limited iTunes on iPad is... But one thing I love is how doubletapping the Home button brings up the special iPod app thing on the left screen. Is there lockscreen music controls, ways to switch between songs without unlocking it?