Do you regret on the iphone 4s purchase?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Many ones have got their iphone 4s. While there seems many happiness and also complain on it. Happiness just like the funny on siri and convenient it take to us and the newest A5 chips etc, While about the complains,it is the charges and also the use of cameras,many people are regreting on the iphone 4s purchase,are they? I am also got my white 32G one,since it is not perfect,I am still excited on the launch of siri,it is amazing. And your minds? What is your happiness and regrets on this new iphone 4s?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    From what country do you hail?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    My first iPhone. I dunno. A lot of things I like, a lot of things I miss from Android (NOT THE FORCE CLOSING MIND YOU!). The screen size is the biggest issue for me (Galaxy S).... I still have 20 odd days to trade for the Galaxy SII though.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Sadly I don't have a 4s yet but i've already got a few buddies that have it and they are happy overall but they say that the battery life has taken a bit of a hit.

I think that it's going to be more important to make sure you're running a cleaner system meaning shutting down the notifications and location data for apps you rarely use.

iCloud also seems to have a slight effect on battery life. Other than that every 4s i've had my hands on works quickly and Siri is a tantalizing taste of the present/future

I'll be upgrading in Feb. By then iOS will likely be at 5.1 and beyond and things will be a bit smoother.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    shrikeshrike Posts: 494member
    Nope. Not regretting it. I'm really loving it in fact. Upgraded from a 3GS.

Finally feel like I have breathing room with 64 GB storage. I can put a more videos on it.

I bought the iCloud-enabled Instacast podcast. It's quite cool to have my podcasts and podcast status synced between my 3GS and the 4S, and be able to switch back and forth. I do feel that Instacast uses a little bit more power than the old iPod app though. Instacast murders my 3GS.

iBook status is also synced, not a new thing though.

Safari on the 4S is desktop like. I've been very pleasantly surprised how fast it is while on WiFi and on AT&T 3G. Very pleasantly surprised. iCab Mobile and Atomic Web browsers also download and render really fast, but they've got some stuttering while scrolling on certain sites. Hopefully updates from them will iron that out.

Photostream is quite cool. Still kind of raw, but I expect management features will come.

The 4S camera is ok. I really need optical image stabilization and a really really fast shutter. This is coming from a guy who thinks that a Canon S90 isn't all that great. If someone, Apple, whoever can ship a Photostream enabled DSLR, that'll be the pinnacle of awesomeness. Come Apple, do it. For me to take good pictures, I need a DSLR. I haven't used a good point and shoot yet.

The 4S is buttery smooth in basically everything it does. You have to love that.

Siri is awesome. It's not Star Trek, it's not even AI, but it's a nice start. The Siri servers were overloaded or had server issues opening weekend, but Apple appears to have ironed that out. Now onto the 1.0 release. Hope they integrate Wikipedia, Wikianswers, Yahoo answers, basically all the databases in the universe into Siri. Hope they improve the language capability.

Love playing games on it. Everything is smooth. This won't last as new games come out.

AT&T data rates have been about 50% to 100% better than before.

Call quality is ok. I get a larger sidetone than I should. No dropped calls. It seems to operate better in areas of weak signal better than my 3GS.

Notifications are not that useful to me. I like the lockscreen info. I don't like the Notification center. The banners are a meh. I've basically turned off the notification center.

Battery life is actually getting better after a week-and-half.

Now I just need to find an awesome case with holster or belt clip. LifeProof is my number one option right now.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shrike View Post

Now I just need to find an awesome case with holster or belt clip. LifeProof is my number one option right now.

+1. Really impressed with the LifeProof case and I haven't' event seen one in person. If I like the case for the iPhone I may buy the iPad version when it comes out.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    shrikeshrike Posts: 494member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

+1. Really impressed with the LifeProof case and I haven't' event seen one in person. If I like the case for the iPhone I may buy the iPad version when it comes out.

Yeah, I've been really impressed with it, and would love to see it in person. There are couple of things I don't like about it: the bottom is thicker on the bottom than the top (I really hate asymmetry in major design elements) and the screw-on headphone button is attached to the case in some way.

Love that it is smooth across the entire front instead of putting the screen in a hole, surrounded by silicone. And resistance to all elements including be able to handle x-amount of feet underwater is too cool.