Microsoft reportedly blocked data center guru's move to Apple

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    and now that he has left, gone to work somewhere else, what's to stop him from going to Apple shortly and saying "You know that deal we talked about awhile back" ?

Skip
  • Reply 22 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

and now that he has left, gone to work somewhere else, what's to stop him from going to Apple shortly and saying "You know that deal we talked about awhile back" ?

Skip

The fact that it would still be all over the internet.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    True, but we don't know what if any contract or non compete, or time table he has until he could go to work for Apple should he choose to do so.

MicroSoft, can't expect to keep from from going there forever?

Skip
  • Reply 24 of 36
    grmacgrmac Posts: 67member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Steve said Shit, fuck jack ass, kiss my ass, called people losers and so forth. Steve was a very aggressive and intimidating man when he wanted to be. Going off on a rage and firing a whole department. Now I am not trying to point out all of Steve's bad traits (to make him a bad man) but when you make him to be a loving calm mild mannered man, well that don't quite fit. He was all of them. Not just short of a monk. Really! He was very aggressive and yet he was very kind. Further more unless we lived with him we really didn't know steve. So you and my opinion doesn't make steve. Only his wife and all who worked close to him daily knew him. So when you want to make me believe who he was based on your opinion. No. I will go with what I hear from the people who were close to him. When they say he was a Buddhist Monk then I will believe it. And no I don't believe you are saying he was a Buddhist monk. But his Buddhist faith didn't make him through and through. Steve made him self through and through.

Firing incompetent employees is certainly better than promoting, which is the method most widely used today.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 26 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Ballmer is a zune.

Brown Zune
  • Reply 27 of 36
    Without a non-compete agreement, is this not restraint-of-trade?
  • Reply 28 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ForceQuit View Post

Without a non-compete agreement, is this not restraint-of-trade?

There has to be a non compete agreement there. Microsoft has a ton of secrets on how it manages its data centers. i would think they would not want apple getting them.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post

There has to be a non compete agreement there. Microsoft has a ton of secrets on how it manages its data centers. i would think they would not want apple getting them.

The NCA would indeed drive all of this (nothing mentioned in AI article). Why would Timmons think he could just leave and work for Apple? Why would Ballmer have to call Apple? With the NCA, I would think in-house MS counsel would send a legal notice to Apple counsel and be done with it.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

It's too bad he couldn't have been a bit diplomatic/reassuring to his old bosses about keeping their secrets. Apple needs some server side gurus, they are historically weak in this area. Maybe they could try poaching some Google or Amazon guys.

I find it interesting that this guy wasn't poached. He weren't to Apple on his own
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Lol!!
  • Reply 32 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Guru is more in keeping with Steve's Buddhist philosophies. Revolution has negative connotations - evolution is more palatable and more consistent with Apples measured, well thought out, and steady improvement methodology. Building upon success usually works better than tearing down and replacing, just look at HP or Netflix as a current example of what not to do.

Yeah as in Guru You........I'm reading the book Steve.
  • Reply 33 of 36
    People need to read the book before commenting about Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 34 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celemourn View Post

Ballmer is such a douche bag. I seriously wish that guy would have the massive heart attack he deserves and just die.

C

Wow, that's harsh. I love Ballmer. As long as he's in charge, Microsoft is no competitive danger to anyone.
  • Reply 35 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Wow, that's harsh. I love Ballmer. As long as he's in charge, Microsoft is no competitive danger to anyone.

To his health then
  • Reply 36 of 36
    If Timmons had anything to do with the Great Sidekick crash of 2009, then it's actually great Apple never hired him.