Motorola seen as 'likely' to win German patent suit against Apple's iCloud

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I don't know whose reviews you found negative.

From Engadget's review wrap-up:

"So has Motorola succeeded in reclaiming the prestige that once belonged to the RAZR brand? Unequivocally, yes -- the handset is just physically stunning. It's thinner than almost any phone on the market and makes no sacrifices to attain its slim physique. It's solidly constructed from premium materials like diamond-cut aluminum, Gorilla Glass and a sheet of super-slick Kevlar. Few phones out there can even be put in the same category when it comes to build quality. It's not the most ergonomically sound handset on the market, but for those who cherish form over function (the very targets of a so-called fashion device), that's a sacrifice worth making."

EDIT: I just noticed you claimed the RAZR as Moto's premier phone for next year. Rumors abound of one and perhaps two quad-core phones from Motorola as early as three/four months from now. I don't think they're sitting back and depending on the RAZR for 2012.

Hey... you're the guy who said that Motorola's brand wasn't worth shit so don't go sticking up for them now. I, of course, said that Moto had an excellent brand and would resurface at one point or another.
  • Reply 22 of 51
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Hey... you're the guy who said that Motorola's brand wasn't worth shit so don't go sticking up for them now. I, of course, said that Moto had an excellent brand and would resurface at one point or another.

I've never said any such thing. You've mistaken me with some other poster apparently.
  • Reply 23 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

The EU needs Apple more than Apple needs the EU.

Or was that Samsung?

not sure if serious
  • Reply 24 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Agreed. If the German courts want to cause major issues for apple then Apple can always pull out of germany and any other country in the EU.

When this thought manifested itself in your head, did you at least once run it by your brain for approval before you hit the: Submit Reply button?
  • Reply 25 of 51
    Quote:

I've never said any such thing. You've mistaken me with some other poster apparently.

You're right. Apologies. It was that Cloudgazer guy.
  • Reply 26 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Classic!
  • Reply 27 of 51
    Quote:

You're right. Apologies. It was that Cloudgazer guy.

Wonder what happened to him? Agree with him or not, he always put up a good argument.
  • Reply 28 of 51

Was ist das? Das ist Scheiße!
  • Reply 29 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by erio View Post

I think this is about synchronizing technology, not internet. Could someone out there explain why Motorola is after Apple, yet not Dropbox, Sugarsync, and all other similar services?

$$$...Leverage...Retaliation...Spite...Moogle Trading Currency
  • Reply 30 of 51
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

It may be getting to the point that all the parties beat each other up enough to realize the only good decision is call a truce. These suits aren't benefiting the mobile industry or consumers in any way... /snip

Yes they are, Samsung has already been forced to innovate by having to release the 10..1n Tab for the German market, they also had to innovate changes to the gallery in the Netherlands.

Now consumers have a real choice, not just another copy.
  • Reply 31 of 51
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    From the US version of the patent:

"Status changes made on first pager (130 and 530) are wirelessly communicated to an infrastructure (110 and 510) which communicates the status changes to other pagers (150 and 550) so that the other pagers make corresponding status changes. Thus, a user's status changes made on one pager are automatically made on the user's other pagers. Status changes include changes to received messages, alarm times, alert thresholds, and key word alerts."

This sounds like PubSub to me, an idea from computer science.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PubSub

According to Wiki, the first known example was in 1987. Wouldn't this could as prior art (or whatever the term is), since it is 11 years before this patent?
  • Reply 32 of 51
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    All those other products offer value to Motorola's offerings.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by erio View Post

I think this is about synchronizing technology, not internet. Could someone out there explain why Motorola is after Apple, yet not Dropbox, Sugarsync, and all other similar services?

• Reply 33 of 51
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gwlaw99 View Post

You play with the bull, you get the horns. I have no sympathy for a company who is trying to patent the black rectangle. All this patent madness just needs to stop.

Do you have a link to this mysterious "black rectangle" patent?

I've often heard it referred to but I've never actually seen it.

Searches of various patent offices for "black rectangle" have been fruitless.
  • Reply 34 of 51
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
  • Reply 35 of 51
    Quote:

Wonder what happened to him? Agree with him or not, he always put up a good argument.

Hmmm... he argued that the Moto brand was worth basically nothing. So, at least that one time, he didn't present a good argument. Bad premise, bad argument.

... but, he's gone now so I won't continue.
  • Reply 36 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Was ist das? Das ist Scheiße!

Ja! Das stinkt!
  • Reply 37 of 51
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Quote:

yea he probably doesnt realize that the cable modem next to his computer is made by Motorola
  • Reply 38 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

• Reply 39 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Apple is pushing for a huge bond on Moto's part because it has an ace in the hole.

They are daring Moto to move ahead.

I love it.

Are you forgetting Google owns Motorola now?
  • Reply 40 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post

Are you forgetting Google owns Motorola now?

Not yet. There's still a gate or two to pass thru.