Trouble with Migration Assistant

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I transferred my data files from Windows XP to my new iMac (OSX -Lion) via network . My problem is that all of the data went to the 256GB SSD. How do I move the data from the SSD to my ATA hard drive? I would like to be able to view the files in the SSD but can't see the individual files. This is my first post and I do appreciate the help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hello. i am running mysql 5 on an imac with mac leopard osx10.5. i am able to create a mysql databse using the CREATE command and to use it using the USE command but i cant seem to create a table using the SOURCE command and an sql script file. when i type:

SOURCE mysqlSource.sql;

i get an ERROR message saying:

Failed to open file msqlSource.sql, error: 2

i have placed the script file in the /usr/local/musql/bin which is where mysql resides. i have also tried using the full path name for the file after the SOURCE command and i get the same error. i would like to know where the script file has to reside or how it has to be named. i sure would appreciate some help with this problem. thanks
  • Reply 2 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Weather Cloud View Post

I would like to be able to view the files in the SSD but can't see the individual files.

If you move the root-level folders, invisible items will be moved with them but if you need to see them, you can make invisible files visible using the following commands in /Applications/terminal:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

killall Finder

Change YES to NO to put it back again.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Conewaifaice

i have also tried using the full path name for the file after the SOURCE command and i get the same error.

Is this due to a migration problem? If not, it's a different topic and should be in a separate forum thread.

You should be able to type SOURCE and drag the SQL file into the terminal window.

If it's for migrating a database from one machine to another, you can do a full sqldump.