Apple adds ability to delete individual Photo Stream pics in iOS 5.1 beta 2

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    tsatsa Posts: 129member
    This should never have been news. I think the way the iPhone handles pictures is just retarded. Why can't I choose not to use iPhoto for getting my pictures on the Mac? Thank god for DiskAid and similar software.

And before you think I'm a troll: for the rest I am very happy with my iPhone 4.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    I'm glad they finally added this feature.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    [insult removed]
  • Reply 24 of 32
    cgjcgj Posts: 276member

Cult of Mac

Anyone else notice that Apple will be releasing the iPhone 11, iPad 11, iPod Touch 11 and Apple TV 10 next year.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ijordan View Post

[insult removed]

tsa clearly used the term to mean "delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment" in reference to an item, not a person. At one point it was the standard clinical term to refer to "a mentally handicapped person" as such because the original usage. While that is no longer acceptable that doesn't mean it's unacceptable to use the term in other contexts.

When did language get so prissy that if there is any definition or context that is offensive means the word in any other definition or context can no longer be used? It's pretty ridiculous. Soon we won't be able to refer to an object as being black in colour simply because it can also be a used as an offensive description of a person.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Does this mean that if you delete photo's from iPhone when importing to iPhoto, that they will delete from photostream?

It's kind of useful to have them still in the photostream folder on the iPhone after you do this.

When you delete photos after importing them from your phone, you delete them from the Camera Roll, so the images would remain in PhotoStream unless you deleted them from there as well.

If you're using PhotoStream, though, wouldn't it be easier to import from the iPhoto PhotoStream folder instead of directly from the phone?
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tsa View Post

This should never have been news. I think the way the iPhone handles pictures is just retarded. Why can't I choose not to use iPhoto for getting my pictures on the Mac? Thank god for DiskAid and similar software.

And before you think I'm a troll: for the rest I am very happy with my iPhone 4.

Not sure why you aren't aware of this, but Image Capture app has always been available as an alternative to iPhoto for transferring photos to your Mac.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by boriscleto View Post

Just turn off Automatic upload in iPhoto.

Right, but even better if they could figure out the stuff you want and upload automatically.

So deleting photos you delete in iPhoto and replacing versions of photos as you edit them is the real solution. This would give you the best versions of the best photos.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    It's about time
  • Reply 30 of 32
    I'd like control over individual pictures in camera roll, with ability to delete photos from streaming to iCloud before the process proceeds. We share an iMac in our household under the same user; I don't see any reason why party pics should show up on our home computer for our kids to view. At the same time I'd like to be able to automatically stream the rest of the photos.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    I agree, I think I would much rather have the control to delete photos directly from the stream, as opposed to them being automatically deleted based off of what photos I delete from my phone. What if I want the photos in the stream, but just don't want them on my phone? There's plenty of instances where that would be the case. I want a constant stream of my new photos playing on my apple tv, but I need to clean some space off my phone for new photos and videos.......Now what? The only option that it leaves you with is importing them to iPhoto or Aperture first, and then importing to the photo stream
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grover432 View Post

I'd like control over individual pictures in camera roll, with ability to delete photos from streaming to iCloud before the process proceeds. We share an iMac in our household under the same user; I don't see any reason why party pics should show up on our home computer for our kids to view. At the same time I'd like to be able to automatically stream the rest of the photos.

Situations like this are why OS X is a multi-user operating system.