HELP! iTunes not syncing after fresh Win7 install

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently installed a new SSHD with a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64. After installing all the updates I installed the latest version of iTunes 64bit and all the bundled components (Quicktime,ect.). When I plug in my iPhone 4S, my computer recognizes it in the devices menu, but when iTunes is opened the device does not show, and I get no error messages. The same thing happens with my iPod Touch 3rd Gen.

I have tried all the steps on the Apple troubleshooting page for syncing problems with no avail. I even called Apple tech support and spoke with a "senior" tech adviser, would could do nothing more than repeat the steps that were listed online.

I am sure there is sometime I am missing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Orlandoscaper View Post

I recently installed a new SSHD with a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64. After installing all the updates I installed the latest version of iTunes 64bit and all the bundled components (Quicktime,ect.). When I plug in my iPhone 4S, my computer recognizes it in the devices menu, but when iTunes is opened the device does not show, and I get no error messages. The same thing happens with my iPod Touch 3rd Gen.

I have tried all the steps on the Apple troubleshooting page for syncing problems with no avail. I even called Apple tech support and spoke with a "senior" tech adviser, would could do nothing more than repeat the steps that were listed online.

I am sure there is sometime I am missing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

this has happen to me too. I am now a mac person so bear with me. You iunes device is turned off on your pc. Go to run type in services. In services you will find Itunes click it to turn it on . that should do it.