app store and forums

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I cannot connect to App Store in either Safari or Firefox. I have cleaned out all cookies. Neither can i sign in to the Apple Forums The forum claims my birthdate is wrong. I'm not senile yet. Is this a conspiracy?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    You can't connect to the App Store in ANY browser?

The problem with the Apple forums should be taken up with Apple. Somewhere your information must have gotten bugged.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You can't connect to the App Store in ANY browser?

Perhaps not, as in: you can't BUY iOS apps through a browser.

But you can PREVIEW the app store through a browser.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/ios/id36?mt=8

Perhaps that is what he can't access... either way though, it works fine for me in Safari.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    There are only 2 ways Apple will help me. I pay$49 for technical advice or make an appointment with a GENIUS aided store to talk to someone. Does this mean I have to schlepp my iMac with me?

grrrr
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Perhaps not, as in: you can't BUY iOS apps through a browser.

But you can PREVIEW the app store through a browser.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/ios/id36?mt=8

Perhaps that is what he can't access... either way though, it works fine for me in Safari.

Yes,thanks the Link works. But what if they ask me who I am. At this time, I think that I am an alien, or even worse, a PC user.

• Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JoyceL. View Post

There are only 2 ways Apple will help me. I pay$49 for technical advice or make an appointment with a GENIUS aided store to talk to someone. Does this mean I have to schlepp my iMac with me?

grrrr

Could you explain better to US what you're trying to do? With some screenshots, perhaps?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JoyceL. View Post

I cannot connect to App Store in either Safari or Firefox. I have cleaned out all cookies. Neither can i sign in to the Apple Forums The forum claims my birthdate is wrong. I'm not senile yet. Is this a conspiracy?

That happened to me. Contact Apple directly and it will be straightened out.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Could you explain better to US what you're trying to do? With some screenshots, perhaps?

I tried to add screenshots but when I drag them here they only appear as URL's to my desktop