What program do you use to find duplicate files?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited July 2014
I found this program called Tidy UP! and it appears to be very good. But before I go through and starting massive deletions, I wanted some feedback as to what programs people use to find and delete their oldest duplicate files.

I was on a Plane organizing my files and evidently never sync'd back up fully from the hotel before getting back home and using my iMac. So now I have a big mess to clean up.

TIA

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

I found this program called Tidy UP! and it appears to be very good. But before I go through and starting massive deletions, I wanted some feedback as to what programs people use to find and delete their oldest duplicate files.

I was on a Plane organizing my files and evidently never sync'd back up fully from the hotel before getting back home and using my iMac. So now I have a big mess to clean up.

TIA

I've always used the earlier version of Tidy UP! (Doublet Scan) and I like it. I have a tendency to keep far too many duplicates on my drives, including on my CDs and DVDs, so I use Doublet Scan periodically to clean up my drives a bit. Doublet Scan still works on Mac OS X 10.4.10, but I'll probably upgrade to Tidy UP! with Leopard.

Claire
  • Reply 2 of 4
    azusaazusa Posts: 1member
    I always use Duplicate Files Deleter and it works great with any type of file.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dayun838dayun838 Posts: 2member

I am using http://www.duplicatefilter.com to find and remove duplicate files on my hard drive. It is working fine. 

• Reply 4 of 4
    dayun838dayun838 Posts: 2member

I am using DuplicateFilter.com to find and remove duplicate files on my hard drive. It is working fine.