4S - Movies will not sync

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I've got a few digital copies that I got in movies I bought that I added to itunes some time ago. Previously I had the movies on my old 16gb 3GS and they all played with no issue. Eventually I took them off the phone to make more room for music. Eventually I had to replace my 3GS so I bought a 4S. The 4S is a 32gb so I have room for the movies again, but they will not sync to it. I just don't understand why they synced without issue to my old 3GS, and despite nothing changing other than itunes updates they will not sync to my 4S. What's the deal?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Let's start at the beginning. In what format are they? iDevices get picky as to the formats they'll play, so see if they're M4V files.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Why exactly would that make a difference if they worked perfectly on the 3GS, despite no changes?

It says protected mpeg 4 video file
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CTDiesel View Post

Why exactly would that make a difference if they worked perfectly on the 3GS, despite no changes?

Don't know, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Quote:

It says protected mpeg 4 video file

Ah, one-a-dem.

Protected, eh? One of those stupid Disney "Digital Copies" or UltraViolet somesuch? I hate those. It's just a case of forcing you to pay twice for something you already own.

Okay, I can't think of any reason for it not to play, save for iOS 5 or the iPhone 4S not supporting that kind of file for whatever nonsensical reason.

What I'd do is download HandBrake and run one of these movies through it (provided it will let you), converting it to an H.264 MP4. But you want to go to Preferences/General first and tick the box that mentions an M4V extension for compatibility with iDevices.

If THAT doesn't work (syncing the M4V file, that is, not 'doesn't work' in the sense that it's a protected file and HandBrake can't see it), then I'm not sure what to tell you.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Ah, one-a-dem.

Protected, eh? One of those stupid Disney "Digital Copies" or UltraViolet somesuch? I hate those. It's just a case of forcing you to pay twice for something you already own.

I know it, trust me. I have hated digital copies since I did the research about them and learned how BS they really are. The movies I wanted to add were Hitman, Gran Torino and Love and Other Drugs.

It's very easy to see why people can ultimately end up pirating things. They think digital copies do people a favor, but it's pretty obvious they're laughing all the way to the bank.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I have more than 150 movie collection of the Hollywood movie DVDs.There are more number of collection which I want to add in this. I want Darkest Hours and Mission Impossible movie.I am waiting for the release of these movies.