Apple again highlights Siri with new 'Road Trip,' 'Rock God' iPhone 4S ads

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by am8449 View Post

I like how Apple's Siri commercials show what you can do with the new phone.

Compare that to these kinds of Android commercials, which are only about the specs.

http://youtu.be/9cU7MX1q9lI

Some people complain that Apple products are all shine and no substance. I'd say Android commercials give off that image more, if you just look at the marketing.

Agreed. Apple's commercials are masterful.

Unlike the ones that brag that the demand for their phone is so poor because no one wants them enough to wait a little bit.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    Only got sound on my ipad2....
  • Reply 23 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aga View Post

it's a sandbox feature -

You look foolish making fun of something when you know absolutely nothing about it. Don't drag your lack of knowledge of a topic outside its original thread.
  • Reply 24 of 36
    jmmxjmmx Posts: 341member
    Really going for the young crowd here. That couple on th road trip - is he really old enough for a drivers license? :P
  • Reply 25 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scotty321 View Post

I've had my iPhone 4S since November and have never used Siri once.

However, I DO use the new voice dictation that is now available in all apps.

Oh, come on. You've had Siri for 3 months and you haven't even asked her what she's wearing, or asked her to open the pod-bay doors? How incurious can you be?
  • Reply 26 of 36
    In the second spot, isn't that Justin Long from "I'm a Mac" fame?

Is anyone else with me? It makes sense then why they would only show the man's face from the nose down on close ups but they show the woman's entire face.

Voice and face are very similar, if it's not him.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by totencough View Post

In the second spot, isn't that Justin Long from "I'm a Mac" fame?

Is anyone else with me? It makes sense then why they would only show the man's face from the nose down on close ups but they show the woman's entire face.

Voice and face are very similar, if it's not him.

Not even close.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    If my SO spent our entire vacation talking to their phone, I'd dump them.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,766member
    I had to laugh at the coverage on one major news site over this ad, the focus was all on the fact Apple lied in the ad ... They Scream Siri cannot understand "Remind me to do this again".
  • Reply 30 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

The beauty of server-side processing.

You know Apple don't make enough of this IMHO, yes it gets better but it could also be leveraged so sweetly for specific events: Take for example SuperBowl ... Siri knew nothing about it... yet here was an opportunity for the team to add a load of funny and serious stuff about an event they had to know would attract a lot of questions albeit for a limited period. What a great opportunity for free PR.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris v View Post

If my SO spent our entire vacation talking to their phone, I'd dump them.

That's because of the misconception they are 'talking to a phone'. If you think of it as talking to a 'knowledge base' instead then asking about Orion or the depth of Grand Canyon makes total sense on a vacation in an educated and an ever keen for knowledge family.
  • Reply 32 of 36
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"Call me a Rock God," he whispers to Siri after finishing a song. She responds with: "From now on, I'll call you 'Rock God'. OK?"

I don't have an 'S', does this really work? If so this ad will spawn a wave of people stealing other people's iPhones and telling Siri to call them all sorts of silly things. Wonder what I will tell Siri to call my wife?
  • Reply 33 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Techboy View Post

Agreed. I think more importantly, Apple has a clear vision on how to advertise it's products aids the end users on a daily basis. If you look at Droid commercials, it aims to be cool and hi-tech but completely out of touch with end users.

The commercials speak to ordinary people. I'm sure the Droid commercials, with their odd, techno-gladiators fighting robots theme will go over well with the "I has bigger ghz than you suckaz" Slashdot trolls
  • Reply 34 of 36
    stuffestuffe Posts: 394member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scotty321 View Post

I've had my iPhone 4S since November and have never used Siri once.

Call me a sceptic, but...Never? Not even one quick play? Not even to see if it works, before turning it off?

I don;t even *have* a 4S, and I've had a play with it.

I find this very, very surprising. Just saying.
  • Reply 35 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

You know Apple don't make enough of this IMHO, yes it gets better but it could also be leveraged so sweetly for specific events: Take for example SuperBowl ... Siri knew nothing about it... yet here was an opportunity for the team to add a load of funny and serious stuff about an event they had to know would attract a lot of questions albeit for a limited period. What a great opportunity for free PR.

Don't give them any ideas. You don't want Siri pitching George Lucas movies and Chevrolet and Coca-Cola in your ear, or favoring certain restaurant chains when you ask what food is nearby, just because they paid for the Siri endorsement.
  • Reply 36 of 36

How Voice (Siri) is going to transform Travel Industry - http://www.travopia.com/2012/04/how-voice-siri-is-going-to-transform.html