iMac 27 , Late 2009

2.8GHz i7

ATi Radeon 4850 512MB

OS X Lion 10.7.3

replaced with

Kingston 4gb PC3- 10600 204-pin SODIMM

was:

now:

not sure if it still runs at 1066, but with 8gb more, the computer runs smoother & cooler.. i suppose..

got the 16gb for under 100 bucks.. well worth it IMO!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Well, yeah. You can always use higher-clocked RAM of the same pinnage; it will simply downclock.

What you can't use is RAM clocked LOWER than the minimum required by the chipset.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Well, yeah. You can always use higher-clocked RAM of the same pinnage; it will simply downclock.

What you can't use is RAM clocked LOWER than the minimum required by the chipset.

so, it recognizes it as 1333 and runs at 1066?

cus in the system report, the speed says 1333..

not like it matters, but I'm happily fooled. haha
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dzakiadzakia Posts: 1member
    The Vestal Eyewear Collection offer both a vintage vibe and a futuristic feel with music being the inspiration for the overall aesthetic. It's the energy created by music that influences nearly every facet of global style and fashion today and drives the Vestal Brand. True Vestal customers have passionate interest in music, fashion, and art and cannot be pegged into any particular demographic. Vestal Sunglasses offer both UVA/UVB lenses for 100% protection.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member

It just recognizes the speed of the RAM and then clocks it down to what its supposed to run at. This is normal for any computer. 

You probably could run something slower than whats supposed to be in it, but it will clock all of the other RAM down too. This is not recommended.