Online orders of new iPad will now take up to 3 weeks to ship

Comments

• Reply 41 of 64
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GQB View Post

Classy. Save it for Rush's show.

I haven't listened to the radio in many years.
  • Reply 42 of 64
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sdyates View Post

Just put your ipad on ebay or kijiji. Get a premium and then buy another one. Waiting an extra few weeks wont be that bad if you can make an extra hundred or two!

Hell, I sold my 32G IP2 last weekend on eBay ($495, thank you) and I'm already climbing the walls in withdrawal as it is.
  • Reply 43 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GQB View Post

It was actually an insidious plot on Apple's part to induce carpal tunnel on everyone to force them to convert to a touch interface.

Cute, sad and true, but cute...
  • Reply 44 of 64
    Glad I spent an HOUR+ doing battle with the online store right after the keynote because I'm sure people will be standing in LINES for HOURS & maybe DAYS at an Apple store to get one on Friday!

Also, I think this model will sell MORE than any other model inna Q because of all the iPad1 users upgrading and the number of people WORLDWIDE who see it's better than any other tablet and it's not a FAD!

Can't wait till FRIDAY!!!
  • Reply 45 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John541 View Post

Glad I spent an HOUR+ doing battle with the online store right after the keynote because I'm sure people will be standing in LINES for HOURS & maybe DAYS at an Apple store to get one on Friday!

Also, I think this model will sell MORE than any other model inna Q because of all the iPad1 users upgrading and the number of people WORLDWIDE who see it's better than any other tablet and it's not a FAD!

Can't wait till FRIDAY!!!

Keep in mind... last year they started offering, reserve your ipad at your local Apple Store. Every night, check the local store web site at 9:00 for stock and reserve for the next day. I was able to pick up my ipad 2 in the store less than a week after it came out. They might do the same this year.
  • Reply 46 of 64
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Anyone else after multiple tries to get the cart to checkout wind up with FIVE iPads plus multiple of the other accessories in it? Thank goodness for a 2 iPad limit so I got the warning!

On and it's sitting in FedEx waiting for Friday from the notifications. Just got the extra power adapter today.
  • Reply 47 of 64
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Anyone else after multiple tries to get the cart to checkout wind up with FIVE iPads plus multiple of the other accessories in it? Thank goodness for a 2 iPad limit so I got the warning!

On and it's sitting in FedEx waiting for Friday from the notifications. Just got the extra power adapter today.

I got that on Day 1, and I was in the Apple Store App, which apparently doesn't have a way to modify the shopping cart. Just checked and they're still in there.

I've now deleted and reinstalled the Apple Store app, and the 3 are now gone.
  • Reply 48 of 64
    oneaburnsoneaburns Posts: 354member
    Mine is also being held in PA. I took Friday off to make sure I'm home to receive the shipment

As for reselling it, I don't think I would for a couple hundred extra, but if someone is willing to pay TWICE as much then I'd definitely do that! I'll have to check out ebay.
  • Reply 49 of 64
    corvuscorvus Posts: 12member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

What the hell Apple!

I ordered on Wednesday as soon as I was able to get through, and my status has been "preparing to ship" for 4 days now!

Who the hell is preparing my iPad? Some Chinese union worker?

Nope, sorry. Labor unions are banned in China, North Korea, Cuba, and Wisconsin.
  • Reply 50 of 64
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    I still have "Preparing for Shipment" status. My brother in law iPad is now "ship" and he has his tracking number. He order his only 2 hours before me.

I hope I get it by friday.
  • Reply 51 of 64
    sword7sword7 Posts: 3member
    Folks,

Last Thursday night, I was able preorder a black 64GB 4G LTE for Verizon iPad through Apple.com without any problems. Last morning I got email message from Apple.com about shipment notification. My tracking number showed that Fedex picked my package and it is now in Middletown, Pa (just 2-3 hours from here). Mine expects to arrive here this Friday. Yes, I live in Maryland.
  • Reply 52 of 64
    zachb10zachb10 Posts: 59member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachB10 View Post

I wouldn't worry. Mine says the same thing, but it's probably just going to ship from a local area and hasn't been dropped and scanned at FedEx yet.

Mine's now showing picked up by FedEx, shipping from Nashville - to Nashville Delayed delivery until the 16th. Can't wait!
  • Reply 53 of 64
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:

I ordered on Wednesday as soon as I was able to get through, and my status has been "preparing to ship" for 4 days now!

relax - that just means yours is already in a FedEx warehouse here in the US somewhere. You'll get it Friday - maybe even Thursday if things go down like last time...
  • Reply 54 of 64
    I received my iPad shipment notification today for my iPad 32GB White Wi-Fi Only, which I ordered on March 7th at 1:34pm PST.
  • Reply 55 of 64
    sdyatessdyates Posts: 13member
    Just got shipped notification!!!!! I ordered Wed 7, at 4:15!

Delivery by Friday (UPS Canada Only - For those that do not know what this means - they use a different shipping service to get it to Canada, then they use UPS. Once it is tracked by UPS, it takes a day).
  • Reply 56 of 64
    osminosmin Posts: 10member
    After reading these comments, I am feeling much better about my new "precious". It has made it to Louisville, KY so I guess I am in the first group. BTW it did take the same path I have seen above from China to Hong Kong to Anchorage, AK to Louisville. It has been there since 12:15 am Saturday morning.

The UPS site has issued a statement that it is holding shipment until the 16th, so <whew> I thought it had been stolen or something.

Ordered mine at 5 pm after a 1 1/2hr on hold on the Apple business line. Had the store up to the point of payment twice online, but it never went through. Interesting that IE actually was a bit faster than Safari or Chrome (which never got past the AT&T vs Verizion question). Still, telephone was the fastest in the end.
  • Reply 57 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by osmin View Post

After reading these comments, I am feeling much better about my new "precious". It has made it to Louisville, KY so I guess I am in the first group. BTW it did take the same path I have seen above from China to Hong Kong to Anchorage, AK to Louisville. It has been there since 12:15 am Saturday morning.

The UPS site has issued a statement that it is holding shipment until the 16th, so <whew> I thought it had been stolen or something.

Ordered mine at 5 pm after a 1 1/2hr on hold on the Apple business line. Had the store up to the point of payment twice online, but it never went through. Interesting that IE actually was a bit faster than Safari or Chrome (which never got past the AT&T vs Verizion question). Still, telephone was the fastest in the end.

Yeah, worry not. I have never had Apple delivery something after their estimate. They always beat to meet the delivery date.
  • Reply 58 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sword7 View Post

Folks,

Last Thursday night, I was able preorder a black 64GB 4G LTE for Verizon iPad through Apple.com without any problems. Last morning I got email message from Apple.com about shipment notification. My tracking number showed that Fedex picked my package and it is now in Middletown, Pa (just 2-3 hours from here). Mine expects to arrive here this Friday. Yes, I live in Maryland.

Not fair! I ordered a white 64GB LTE from the UK Apple Store on Thursday night GMT, so at least 5 hours earlier, and I've got a delivery date of March 30. Looks like charlituna is right about them pulling UK stock to fulfill US orders.
  • Reply 59 of 64
    osminosmin Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Yep. Did the same. Even called my cc company to make sure I hadn't bought a couple of extra ones. The phone rep was able to tell me that if it didn't confirm, it didn't go through. I kept getting stuck at the very end. Cc number in and everything. A bit scary. Lol.

If I get four on Friday, three will be on sale Saturday at a mere $1500.

EACH.
  • Reply 60 of 64
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:

What the hell Apple!

Who the hell is preparing my iPad? Some Chinese union worker?

Same here but now my magical and revolutionary device is almost here. Im hoping it comes in tomorrow. It's in PA right now.