Apple avoids showcasing Google Maps in promotional material for new iPad

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    So what about "retina_gallery_5 through a lot higher number" all of which also did not make the cut?

Anybody try?

Remember that scene in Jurassic Park when they eliminated the population check stopping at the expected total and all those other dino's appeared? No reason to think the numbering stopped at 4: perhaps that's just the highest number chosen for the final cut.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    zoolookzoolook Posts: 657member
    I think Apple showing Vimeo as the example of a video uploader website, rather than YouTube, was far more telling.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post

I think Apple showing Vimeo as the example of a video uploader website, rather than YouTube, was far more telling.

Salient point. Apple also includes Vimeo throughout ML but not YouTube.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member
    I followed the link and guess what? Apple is showcasing a Maps side by side with a loupe.

Nothing to read here people.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

I followed the link and guess what? Apple is showcasing a Maps side by side with a loupe.

I see iBooks, Mail, and Photos. Not Maps. Where do you see Maps?

Interesting. Does everyone else see the picture highlighting the back camera animate? It doesn't animate for me, but there are 107 JPG images loaded in the page that show it should be animating.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    In the Maps section of http://www.apple.com/ipad/built-in-apps/ Google Maps gets its feature. Have a look!
  • Reply 27 of 30
    lwslws Posts: 9member
    Pretty sure the Maps.app comparison was live earlier. They've only removed it later. On the German site I've never seen all four examples, though.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    rygarrygar Posts: 3member
    From what I've checked, the Canadian, Australian, Hong Kong websites still have Google maps as a feature. The UK, French and USA websites don't. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple were creating their own mapping solution for these markets first.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I see iBooks, Mail, and Photos. Not Maps. Where do you see Maps?

Interesting. Does everyone else see the picture highlighting the back camera animate? It doesn't animate for me, but there are 107 JPG images loaded in the page that show it should be animating.

I don't see books, mail and photo... I see maps.

I am looking on an iPad.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

I don't see books, mail and photo... I see maps.

I am looking on an iPad.

The site on the iPad has an extra comparison loupe that the regular website doesn't?