MacMall giving away $14K in products during launch of first Chicago retail store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bruceedits View Post

This was the location of a CDW store that failed about 5 years ago. There is little parking available nearby and the corner is very congested, near the entrance to the Kennedy Expw (I-94). Good Luck, MacMall.

I didn't realize that CDW wasn't there anymore. Is CDW gone for good or just that location?
  • Reply 22 of 25
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bruceedits View Post

Apple cannot force MacMall to sell at full MSRP.

Actually, according to a Supreme Court ruling of several years ago, Apple can force them. It used to be the case that manufacturers could only dictate minimum advertised prices, but they now can also dictate minimum selling prices. But as you originally said, Apple's margins are so small, almost no one discounts anyway.

Besides, who says MacMall discounts? Except on discontinued models, I've never seen more than a $5 discount.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    @geneking7320, Just that location closed down. CDW have a gigantic warehouse out in Vernon Hills in the northwest suburbs, with a small retail showroom attached. They're mostly all about the mail order.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Gosh I am so jealous of you Americans sometimes. Apple is always raping us here with their prices. How is that the Swiss Franc is higher then US dollar and we have to pay higher prices. It's not shipping costs as Ireland isn't very far, that's where Apples Euro head quarters is at. I don't know, thank goodness New York is only 6 hours away though, where I can at least do all of my major gizmo shopping twice a year . This MacMall looks incredible, I would walk out being at least a grand short if I was their right now.

Thank you so much for the pictures to, that was very kind of you to take time and do that for us. Now If I sent you the money do you think you can send me a Mac Pro when the news ones are finally released next month. I will buy you an iPod for your trouble, yep that's how much there is a difference in price, I could still buy someone a two hundred dollar iPod and it will still be cheaper.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Looks like I picked a good year to be living in Chicago. The odds on that raffle aren't great, but they're a lot better than MegaMillions.