AT&T to spend $150M on Lumia launch, more than it did with iPhone

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Well I wouldn't say black and white are 'colors'. And I never said the Lumia being colored was an Apple rip off. I wondered why they didn't pick a different color/shade than one recently used by Apple. Especially considering the unibody design of the phone. Do a google search - I'm not the only one who thought iPod Nano when I saw this phone.

It's not necessary to see conspiracies all over the place.

A more likely scenario is that they both used the same consumer purchasing habit research which gave 'optimum' colors for a high-volume consumer electronics device. There are people who research such things and if Apple found that this blue is a 'good' color, it is likely that Nokia found the same thing. Or maybe it's a matter of available process technology. It may be that the blue color they selected is a standard which is produced in high volume and therefore relatively inexpensive.
  • Reply 82 of 87
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    That's a lot of money to spend marketing a brand of phone hardware that historically had little to no apparent ambition to bring their smart phones to the US. Many models just didn't make it here, many of those that do make it weren't available except unsubsidized. I remember that happening with the N series (90? 95?), of recent example, the PureView 808 looked pretty interesting and made big waves, but it's not for the US.
  • Reply 83 of 87
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Well I wouldn't say black and white are 'colors'. And I never said the Lumia being colored was an Apple rip off. I wondered why they didn't pick a different color/shade than one recently used by Apple. Especially considering the unibody design of the phone. Do a google search - I'm not the only one who thought iPod Nano when I saw this phone.

So are you honestly saying that two companies cannot make a product that are a similar colour (those two aren't the same colour), and yes white is a colour. And if you think two things look the same due to their colour, then you are also wrong, those two devices do not look alike.
  • Reply 84 of 87

Well, the public voted with their money and this pice of Nokia/Microsoft crap hit the market like a moist turd. 

Then Baller shot it dead my announcing no upgrade path for this craptastic phone. 

May the Windows 8 version suffer a similar fate. All the years of pent-up frustration with Windows by millions of people forced to endure it's nerd-based UI, are telling Ballmer where to stick his keyboard.

• Reply 85 of 87

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Well, the public voted with their money and this pice of Nokia/Microsoft crap hit the market like a moist turd. 

Then Baller shot it dead my announcing no upgrade path for this craptastic phone. 

May the Windows 8 version suffer a similar fate. All the years of pent-up frustration with Windows by millions of people forced to endure it's nerd-based UI, are telling Ballmer where to stick his keyboard.

What makes it a piece of crap? Have you tried it?

What features of the phone did you find it lacking?

• Reply 86 of 87

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkVader View Post

This thing has two strikes against it - it's running M$ garbage, and it's from Nokia.

Nokia has always built garbage phones, I've used a few back in the day and they were horrible. The only reason they were popular was that they were cheap.

But these days if you want cheap there are plenty of good Android phones out there, and there's the iPhone. M$ is wasting their time even trying, and I'm not sure Windoze phone 7 can even be considered trying, it's THAT bad.

I'm really looking forward to M$ shooting off their own feet with Windoze 8 on the desktop too.

What about the OS is "garbage"? What exactly makes Nokia phone "garbage"?

• Reply 87 of 87

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Judging by the pure spite filled venom being spat by the apple fanboy defence department here I would say Microsoft and Nokia have put out something genuinely good for a change. I can smell the fear, and it's not pleasant.

I say this as a mostly Apple guy in a house full of Apple kit, and I'm typing this on an iPad. I can just recognise a good product when I see one, and the lumia 900 looks pretty damn nice. not nice enough for me to buy one, but still, it's nice.

Indeed lol... It's actually quite a nice design and while I don't prefer the OS myself, there is nothing wrong with it.