Rumor: Online battery test log points to possible 13-inch Retina Display MacBook Pro

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    eauviveeauvive Posts: 237member
    jragosta wrote: »
    And I already explained why you don't go from zero to full production overnight. I'd suggest you read the response rather than simply repeating the same unsubstantiated fallacy.
    The first time, I was giving the number of MBPs per quarter and estimated about 1 M. The second time, you asked about total Apple laptop sales - which includes the MBA. The run rate on the MBA is 1.6 M per quarter.
    The only breakdown I've seen says 50% 13", 47% 15" and 3% 17". None of which changes anything - you don't have any evidence to back your claims.

Of course not, these are mere hypotheses! Nobody can corroborate except maybe Apple own executive staff.
    Furthermore, it is not uncommon for any computer (including Macs) to be in short supply shortly after launch. It was true going back to the IIsi and Iici and was certainly true of a lot of PowerMac and iMac models as well as some previous laptops. You just can't ramp up instantly.

I perfectly agree on that point. I was struck by the small amount of time it took for shipping to increase to such large values, that’s all.

Let’s have a break. I’ll further elaborate when the 13" comes out in October, it seems. Till then, so long!
  • Reply 63 of 64
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    bjny wrote: »

So a second unfounded rumor which says the same thing as the first unfounded rumor (and which actually admits that it simply copied the first unfounded rumor) is confirmation?

Wow.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    jragosta wrote: »
    So a second unfounded rumor which says the same thing as the first unfounded rumor (and which actually admits that it simply copied the first unfounded rumor) is confirmation?
    Wow.

Broken wink emoticon.