Is it just me?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Or has Apple PR taken an arrogant tone in the new MBP commercial?

http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/#macbookpro-tv-ad

"The radical new MacBook Pro with Retina Display.  Innovation in every dimension."

I could be wrong, but this commercial does not fit at all with the style Apple created in the past with respect to innovation.  They didn't have to use the word innovation previously, it was implicit in the product that was being unleashed or the ads themselves were creative.  This looked like an HP commercial mashed together with an Asus laptop or something else.

It may be just me since I've been waiting for new Mac Pros for 6 months since my Early January 2008 Mac Pros (yes plural) cannot be upgraded further (Ram, SSD already maxed out and no support for new video cards).

Waiting until late 2013 for something new doesn't seem worth it since I'm pushing 4.5 years already.

So then maybe an array of MacBook Pros?

Oh wait, they soldered the Ram, glued down battery and hard drives - components which I have swapped out of countless MBP over the years especially if you want to experiment with different types of configurations.

Now they jack up the prices on the battery replacement??  Oi...

Naturally as a business they are out to make money and this core business driver is being put on full display - something they have masked nicely for many years.  I believe this is the beginning of the end for Apple - and I have been a fanboy for a very very long time.  :-(

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Couldn't these "complaints" have gone in the thread about the Mac Pro or the thread about the MacBook Pro that does that?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    blur35mmblur35mm Posts: 44member

Sorry, I started out talking about the lame commercial which there is no category for.  Then it turned into a rant about my personal situation.  Do my concerns matter?  No...whoas me whoas me.  :-)  If moderator wants to move the thread, go for it!

• Reply 3 of 7
    blur35mm wrote: »
    Sorry, I started out talking about the lame commercial which there is no category for.  Then it turned into a rant about my personal situation.  Do my concerns matter?  No...whoas me whoas me.  :-)  If moderator wants to move the thread, go for it!

I merely think you're oversimplifying and overreacting is all.

And as for the commercial, if someone thinks they see parallels in old PC commercials in the new one of Apple's, why not put together a montage of clips that illustrate this? It's difficult to say outright whether or not it has a "HP feel".
  • Reply 4 of 7

Dell:

@26-33 seconds:

@15-17 seconds:

@19-22 seconds:

Asus:

• Reply 5 of 7
    Still confused what any of those have to do with anything.

You're pointing out "spinning and opening", something Apple has done for decades and something every laptop commercial involves.

What I don't see in [I]any[/I] of those is the computer actually being used.

Apple shows that. Which instantly sets them apart in everyone's mind, subconsciously. You just haven't realized it.
  • Reply 6 of 7

Perhaps...like I said I think it is just me...

• Reply 7 of 7
    blur35mm wrote: »
    Perhaps...like I said I think it is just me...

Should have had a poll, then. :broken_wink_emoticon.png: