With iOS 6, Apple devices will receive national emergency alerts

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

So if I understand you correctly, you can not tell it to ignore just some of the weather emergencies? You either get all of them or none of them? Is that correct?

If so, it's a bummer. I hate having to get constant messages about things that I don't care about but would like to be able to get just the tornado warnings.

That is correct, all or nothing.  But with the ones they selected, I doubt it'll become an issue of 'over warning'.  They are pretty serious!  And we know it's bad if you get more than one in a week!

• Reply 42 of 42
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    wettej01 wrote: »
    You're missing the whole point...  By making it opt-out, people will finally have a universal warning device.

You're missing the whole point: I DON'T WANT ONE.
    Making it opt-in would highly reduce its usefulness.

If you want it, you know where to get it. If you don't, you don't have to care. That's how this works. That's how everything else works in iOS, too. Apps don't get access to your data by default, forcing you to tell them no. It's no by default, forcing you to tell them yes.
    In this digital age,

No, you have no right to accost me with crap I don't want, regardless of the age.