OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Golden Master seeded to developers

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    habi wrote: »
    Then there are the hairsplitting problems you get from software that supposedly doesnt support your OS because nothing really changed but the version number but it doesnt start or crashes.

And then its time to wait for patches to apps that used to work without problems. Printer drivers, virtual machine software, file-system tools (Paragon) etc, etc....

Im not upgrading if there is  no real incentive...will have to wait to hear about the stability issues if they are resolved...

There were never any stability issues, there hasn't been any problem with any drivers or other software, etc.
  • Reply 42 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by habi View Post

(No this sounds like a joke but its not intended as such)

How can you install mountain lion from a fresh install?  First you install snow leopard, then you install all the upgrades to snow leopard so you have access to the mac app store. Then you install lion and all its updates. Piece of cake I do it every day, _not_. If I wanted to do that I would have sticked with windows.

The process you describe is completely unnecessary. If the machine has ever had 10.7 on it, you can boot into the recovery partition, erase the primary volume, and do a clean install. Done it several times.

For machines that haven't had 10.7 installed yet, there are numerous articles on how to create a bootable USB thumb drive from the 10.7 installer app and do the same thing; I suspect they will work just as well for 10.8.

• Reply 43 of 47
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member

no powernap for 3rd party SSDs?  WTF!?  

• Reply 44 of 47

I have found one issue at least with the new OS. I am running Lion Server 10.7.4 and with Mountain Lion on my laptop, I am unable to utilize my Jabber server. I can connect just fine I just can not send or receive messages. Bonjour works fine. 

Anyone know if this is being addressed?

Mystic Rose

• Reply 45 of 47
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    mystic24 wrote: »
    I have found one issue at least with the new OS. I am running Lion Server 10.7.4 and with Mountain Lion on my laptop, I am unable to utilize my Jabber server. I can connect just fine I just can not send or receive messages. Bonjour works fine. 

Anyone know if this is being addressed?

Mystic Rose

Have you tried to use it without the ML Firewall enabled? Have you tried to use it outside your LAN?
  • Reply 46 of 47
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    aquatic wrote: »
    no powernap for 3rd party SSDs?  WTF!?  

If it's a simple resolution I'm sure a 3rd-party developer will create a tool or post the terminal command to enable it, but this might be something they built into their specific SSD controller and/or SSD firmware. If so, it doesn't mean that PowerNap can't be enabled by a 3rd-party but it would be a more complex task. Only time will tell.
  • Reply 47 of 47

I do not have the Firewall turned on and yes I have tried from outside my internal network. I have removed the account from Message and then added it back. But you have given me an idea so I disabled SSL and that has worked. :) But I wonder why that is a problem. Hmmmmmmm