iPad newspaper 'The Daily' axes a third of its staff

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    Reeder. 

Whenever you're looking for the best apps that you'd probably like, in this case choose Categories, then filter by Top Paid, and then scroll down while keeping an eye on the Ratings

You'll only see the best. Reeder is the first RSS app, third one down. Can't go wrong. I always filter by What's Hot, Top 25, and Top Paid/Free in each category. So I'll only be exposed to all the best stuff, which is all i care about. I sometimes look through New as well.

Happy If I helped.  :)

Here's a Happy Maker™: I bought it and it and you made me happy. People, this is what sharing and posting on these forums is all about: to give feedback from which others can benefit. I have no bleeping idea who Quadra 610 is, yet I know he's a person, just like me, and helping a brother out, unlike some other posters.

For that, I thank you sir. (after a short gander I didn't see an option to add AI's RSS, did I miss something?)
  • Reply 22 of 23

That's another +1 for Reeder from me. So well done on both iOS and desktop. It's one of my daily drivers.

It's a real low-drag tool to scan through large collections of feeds.

I've tried to get into the magazine metaphor apps like Flipboard but they never really worked for me. I could see if maybe you had a small collection of feeds.

They only thing I find missing in my whole RSS toolchain is a good iOS way to manage my subscriptions. Neither the Google mobile or desktop interfaces on iOS Safari are very convenient to use. I always find myself using a desktop browser for Google Reader mgmt.

C.

• Reply 23 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpetrauskas View Post

They only thing I find missing in my whole RSS toolchain is a good iOS way to manage my subscriptions. Neither the Google mobile or desktop interfaces on iOS Safari are very convenient to use. I always find myself using a desktop browser for Google Reader mgmt.

"NewsRack" is pretty great.  I use it exclusively with my Google Reader account.  Easy to add or delete subscriptions.  It's fast and very simple (be sure to turn off the silly, cumbersome "newspaper look" graphic mode on the iPhone), and everything always stays in sync between iPhone/iPad/desktop.  Been using it daily for years, love it.