is the A6 CPU (not asking about GPU) Dual-Core or Quad-Core

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

All these articles are now circulating about the A15 cortex within A6. but no one is stating if the CPU is quad-core.

Comments

• Reply 2 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anibal Bruno View Post

It has a dual-core CPU with a quad-core GPU.

http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4396151/Apple-A6-processor-is-dual-core-Cortex-A15

Sorry, the source is an analyst. That's an unofficial source... I guess we'll have to wait.

• Reply 3 of 5

Originally Posted by domerdel2 View Post

Sorry, the source is an analyst. That's an unofficial source... I guess we'll have to wait.

I was gonna say the same thing; what the frick does an analyst's thinking matter? image

• Reply 4 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I was gonna say the same thing; what the frick does an analyst's thinking matter? image

I find their predictions entertaining, but all these analysts are taking the cut and run with the "yup, it's already been confirmed, it's dual-core" yet, there's not a legitimate citation. I asked on analyst about his article, and he kindly replied (very quickly I might add) and realized there was no source, but based on the A5 being single-core this one has to be dual-core if it's twice as fast. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the A5 has always been dual-core CPU, except in the Apple TV3 where apple disabled one of the cores.

• Reply 5 of 5

Originally Posted by domerdel2 View Post

…based on the A5 being single-core this one has to be dual-core if it's twice as fast. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the A5 has always been dual-core CPU, except in the Apple TV3 where apple disabled one of the cores.

Yep, A5 is dual core. He's a fool.