Some iOS 6 users reportedly suffering from Wi-Fi issues [u]

Comments

• Reply 41 of 77

One more time....

to re-enable your Wi-Fi connection!!!

Enable both your Cell phone service & your Wi-Fi... then go to your General preferences.

In General settings go to Cellular preference.

Please disable Cellular Data.

-Turn off your Cellular Data-

I repeat....

-Turn off your Cellular Data-

Now as you proceed back to your home screen go back to Wi-Fi (if you are still having difficulty), and re log into your home wifi.

If problem is persisting, turn off your iPhone, and turn back on and repeat steps.

Again, browsing with Safari is much faster in iOS6, and in fact on my cell phone data (using my 32gig 3GS) Safari is almost faster than on my WiFi (n router).

• Reply 42 of 77
    In my case I experienced the problem and it disappeared when I checked the box for auto sign-in on the wi-fi settings page. Could have been just a coincidence, could have actually helped, who knows?
  • Reply 43 of 77
    Everything is fine for me on my iPhone 4 (except that I don't get turn by turn Nav or panorama :( )
    One issue I am having is with maps. I used a common address in my city and it keeps pointing me to the wrong location. I never had this problem with google maps. I understand that King Street is popular, but when I include the city name too, it shouldn't point me to a nearby town.
    Other than that, I'm excited to use ios 6, especially passbook
  • Reply 44 of 77
    No problem to report, whatsoever. Running smooth.
  • Reply 45 of 77
    Off Topic: An undisclosed ML app is WiFi Diagnostics. it's located in /System/Library/CoreServices. There are plenty of great features for this powerful tool, many of which are located under View in the Menu Bar.

[LIST]
    [*] http://www.macworld.com/article/2010028/troubleshoot-your-wireless-network-with-wi-fi-diagnostics.html
    [/LIST]
  • Reply 46 of 77
    No problem to report, whatsoever. Running smooth.

Wait, i thought smooth meant sales were shitty and you are embarrassed to admit it.
  • Reply 47 of 77
    Let me just say that I had zero problems with updating two devices to iOS six, and a computer to Mountain lion 8.3. Which is, tell the truth, great! I was quite surprised by some of the iCloud actions, in which a reminder set on one device reminded me on the device that I happened to be using at the time, a different device. iCloud is a happening thing… Dogcowabunga, dudes.
  • Reply 48 of 77
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,828member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Except Steve was around... People have an irrational disdain for Mr. Cook.

I for one am just so pleased that Steve found and groomed Tim Cook. My observation is that he is doing an excellent job and is a superb person too!

Just upgrade an iP 4 with no hiccups in Wi-Fi.

All the best.

• Reply 49 of 77
    Yep. Had problem. Reset Networks Settings to Default, and No Problem! :-)
  • Reply 50 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Off Topic: An undisclosed ML app is WiFi Diagnostics. it's located in /System/Library/CoreServices. There are plenty of great features for this powerful tool, many of which are located under View in the Menu Bar.

Thank you so much for pointing this out, just what I needed.

• Reply 51 of 77
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    solipsismx wrote: »

Thumbs up!

Why did I type this instead of clicking on the the Thumbs Up.

Because AppleInsider's new system sucks on the iPad, that's why.
  • Reply 52 of 77
    muppetry wrote: »
    Presumably iOS 5 did not do this, or the issue would have come up before. Doesn't seem like a very elegant solution to determining wifi status.

It does.

The issue is more about the massive influx of folks trying to get iOS 6 on day one than anything else
  • Reply 53 of 77

I had this issue occur on my iOS 5.1.1 device this afternoon.   My device had downloaded iOS 6, but I was waiting until I had closed down all apps and rebooted the device.  When it rebooted but before I installed 6, this issue started. I found an option in my wifi settings called "auto-login" (which I have never seen before) which was turned on.  If I turned that off, then I could join.

• Reply 54 of 77
    Ha ha ha ha lol. what happened to 'It just works...' I cant hear Timmy Cook saying that anymore. Poor mice, that treadmill must hurt, but at least you can post your anguish over another apple product failure on their support forum. Ha Ha lol.
  • Reply 55 of 77
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Bart View Post

Ha ha ha ha lol. what happened to 'It just works...' I cant hear Timmy Cook saying that anymore. Poor mice, that treadmill must hurt, but at least you can post your anguish over another apple product failure on their support forum. Ha Ha lol.

It was far superior to the rubbish you were too embarrassed to admit to purchasing.

Fancy joining in Jun 2012 and not being able to say a decent positive thing about whatever rubbish you had selected as a communication device?

Thanks for pointing yourself out!

• Reply 56 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Bart View Post

WOW - get a life! By the way, Apple's CEO is Tim Cook, or Mister Cook to you!

• Reply 57 of 77
    This will help you:

• Reply 58 of 77
    No problem on my iPad, had to reset my ID, but no email came to reset it.
  • Reply 59 of 77
    look what the cat dragged in? A mouse called GTR caught in my mouse trap. Ha Ha Ha Ha. lol. this proves you a a mouse - keep going on that treadmill !
  • Reply 60 of 77
    iqatedo wrote: »
    WOW - get a life! By the way, Apple's CEO is Tim Cook, or Mister Cook to you!

No Mister Cook is what his male 'friends' call him. oh Mister Cook, show me your Apples