ITC judge: Samsung infringes on Apple touchscreen and design patents

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

If it weren't for the US, you people would have been out of business long ago.

it is a shame to be a Korean, look at their phones from Samsung, everything is a copy of Apple, and look at those Kia and Hyundai, their cars either look like Lexus, Honda, or Mercedes. I wouldn't want to be caught with a Samsung phone on my hand. look freaking cheap with the plastic, and only the cheapskate that buy cheap Galaxy (Shit)x3

• Reply 42 of 63

Thank whoever making this website, just to show how Scamsung rip off Apple as a whole.

Yep, it doesn't take a genius to see how you rip off Apple. Only the blind judges around the world

At least, in the U.S, Apple can get justice.

Source: http://samsungcopiesapple.tumblr.com/

Hey, you asked for it Samsung.

Okay, Samsung didn’t do this, Samsungs presidents brother did. And they sure as hell certified it for their products.

Smart Cover for iPa.. Galaxy Tab, anyone?

Samsung just loves Apples charger…

…infact they love it so much that they actually took it’s design.

iRemote Control 3GS

That’s atleast what they should have called it. Looks just like an iPhone 3g/s.

iRemote Control 4

Another Remote Control from Samsung. This time, iPhone 4 style.

For christ sake Samsung, did you just use App Store and Safari-icons in your Samsung Shop? You could just call it iShop!

A box of a Nexus S and an iPhone 3G…

… and here’s also a box of a Galaxy Tab net to an iPad.

Like the charger they did. Same thing, but black.

This Recording App looks familiar. I wonder why…

They just had to make it black and white.

If you can’t use iOS Google Maps on an Android, just photoshop it instead!

Samsung phoned me today, said they wanted to partner up with my blog to show their new stuff. (Nah, not really…)

It has been a while, however, that didn’t make Samsung stop ripping of Apple…

4 months later from the last post, Samsung makes a copy of the Mac Mini. I thought they would have started to get boring on copying. Turns out i was wrong!

Not like we’re suprised, they had to start copying OS X someday, right?

• Reply 43 of 63
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

^^^

Blimey .... image

• Reply 44 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersonalTaste View Post

Thank whoever making this website, just to show how Scamsung rip off Apple as a whole.

Yep, it doesn't take a genius to see how you rip off Apple. Only the blind judges around the world

At least, in the U.S, Apple can get justice.

Let's see:

S3 iPhone 5 > if you cannot distinguish between those two you are utterly blind. image

Smart Cover > few pieces of plastic clamped together - spare me.

Charger > just try to charge your iPhone 5 with Samsung charger - it might work though.

Do they look similar? Like any box with round corners. Are they the same? No.

Remote Controll > piece of plastic and a wire? - spare me.

P.S. any brick looks like iPhone 3G/S also.image

Safari-icons > you don't think these shops sell only galaxy phones? pfft

P.S. Wow there are NASA icons also. Hm what does this mean? Samsung copying Space Shuttle? image

Boxes > now what did you expect a pyramidal box? image - spare me.

Charger > Samsung wins on design, Apple wins on simplicity.

USB > Standard. image

Recording App > are you blind? image

Color > Since when Apple owns colors. Anyways, if you want a pink SII that's also possible to get - oh don't tell me they copied Apple Pink. image

Charger again ???

Mac mini > wow a box with rounded corners image.

> The fact is that Samsung produces so many products in so many various shapes that you can always (if you choose so) cherry pick things that look somewhat familiar<

Copying IOS? Hm, Since you already went to such  lengths, I just wonder why didn't you say that Android is a IOS copy. I would expect that from you image.

Cheers.

• Reply 45 of 63
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathillien View Post

Let's see:

Seriously, do you work for Samsung or something?

I ask, because I don't really see how anybody can defend every single one of those blatant ripoffs shown in all of those devastating photos.image

• Reply 46 of 63
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I thought I read this morning another headline on some other site that Samsung didn't infringe on Apple's touchscreen patents. I don't recall if it mentioned ITC. DId I read that headline wrong or is there another case elsewhere on this issue?

Could this be the headline?:

Quote:

USPTO nixes Apple patent used in victory over Samsung

The office's action, which is non-final, rules that all 20 claims in Apple's rubber-banding patent are invalid. Now let's see what, if anything, Judge Koh has to say.

October 23, 2012 5:29 AM

Apple might have some trouble on its hands.

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) yesterday ruled that all twenty claims included in Apple's so-called "rubber-banding" patent are invalid, according to Foss Patents' Florian Mueller, who first discovered the rejection.

For some strange reason, AI seems to be trying hard to ignore this news, not that the prospect of Apple's patent infringement win over Samsung being ruled invalid is anything noteworthy, of course.

• Reply 47 of 63
    What is so sad is that other companies have painted Apple as "having a reputation." Certainly Forbes can't wait to print some yellow journalism on them at least once a week.

Nobody follows all the lawsuits of other companies -- it's the curse of all the attention Apple gets now (I suppose closing in on $1 Trillion market cap is part of that).

Even on Slashdot, so many get it wrong -- that apple was suing over "rounded corners" when that was just a part of a detailed description of numerous things Samsung changed while they abandoned their "blackberry-like" design for the iPhone one. Meanwhile -- they were the Fab that was making money assembling iPhones. How tacky is that?

The "essential patents" that Samsung is abusing to charge Apple extra has seemed like a "tit-for-tat", but it's not the same thing at all. There are STANDARDS that companies have to rely on, otherwise phones don't work on networks. So a company that wants a standard, has to have a low cost way to sell it. Apple was paying the cost as attached to a chip they were buying, and didn't want to pay 2% of the entire device. If every component took that much, you'd have a 200% payout by the time you assembled the thing, and there aren't enough pieces to a pie when you are done to carve up the costs like that.

Well, at least the COURTS will be used to battle these issues -- not ill informed public opinion. Whatever the result, people will re-affirm that Apple is suing everyone for rounded corners, and being ridiculous -- because that's what all the pundits tell them.

Apple may have to start buying up needless ads to pay the "media protection racket" for some silence. Or maybe all these annoying ranters are having less of an impact on the market, because everyone is happy just to annoy the ranters, and buy a product they can depend on.
  • Reply 48 of 63
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Could this be the headline?:

For some strange reason, AI seems to be trying hard to ignore this news, not that the prospect of Apple's patent infringement win over Samsung being ruled invalid is anything noteworthy, of course.

AI didn't ignore it. They ran a story on it yesterday.

• Reply 49 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fake_William_Shatner View Post

Even on Slashdot, so many get it wrong -- that apple was suing over "rounded corners" when that was just a part of a detailed description of numerous things Samsung changed while they abandoned their "blackberry-like" design for the iPhone one.

Well Samsung DIDN'T abandoned "blackberry-like" design in favor of the "touch screen" design, as a matter a fact Samsung didn't even abandoned other types of phone design. Here are some models released one year back for example:

- Blackberry-Like design (actually wide bar design):

Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos

Samsung Galaxy Chat

-Slide Side design

Samsung Galaxy Array

Samsung Galaxy Appeal

Samsung Intensity III

-Slide-Up design

Samsung E 2600

- Bar design

Samsung C3780...

Samsung E1200...

- Flip Design

Samsung C3520

Samsung W999

Hence my comment that Samsung produces so many products in so many various shapes that you can always cherry pick things that look somewhat familiar.

Also: No one is saying that Apple was suing over "rounded corners" ALONE. But (as you stated) it was a PART of the law suit (quite big one I might add OR most visible/exposed one).

Was it necessary for the "rounded corners" to even be a part of the suit? In my opinion: No. Because it paints Apple as patent abuser. Why? because its just silly to patent a shape in such a broad sense.

So you see: If it was silly from Apple's side to include the "round corners" into the suit then this makes the rest of the patent law suit also doubtful like the bounce back feature and who knows what else might be in there.

Cheers.

• Reply 50 of 63
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

AI didn't ignore it. They ran a story on it yesterday.

I missed it.  I only look at my RSS feed drop down and it must have popped on and off it within a few hours.

• Reply 51 of 63
    nathillien wrote: »

Well Samsung DIDN'T abandoned "blackberry-like" design in favor of the "touch screen" design, as a matter a fact Samsung didn't even abandoned other types of phone design. Here are some models released one year back for example:

- Blackberry-Like design (actually wide bar design):

Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos

Samsung Galaxy Chat

-Slide Side design

Samsung Galaxy Array

Samsung Galaxy Appeal

Samsung Intensity III

-Slide-Up design

Samsung E 2600

- Bar design

Samsung C3780...

Samsung E1200...

- Flip Design

Samsung C3520

Samsung W999

All of it likely copied. The others don't have the b411s or the resources to go after the company.

Btw, nice to see you earning your keep today. Just so you know, the many others like you that preceded you on this forum over the years have quietly run away with their tail between their legs.

You will too, when your sense of shame from losing face finally catches up with you.
  • Reply 52 of 63
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    nathillien wrote: »

If it weren't for Christopher Columbus, you people ... use your imagination :lol:

We wouldn't have the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico to go on vacations to.
  • Reply 53 of 63

If it weren't for Christopher Columbus, you people ... use your imagination.

Lief Ericson. I don't see any Koreans discovering any continents, so I don't really get why you'd bring this up at all.

S3 iPhone 5 > if you cannot distinguish between those two you are utterly blind.

Smart Cover > few pieces of plastic clamped together - spare me.

Charger > Do they look similar? Like any box with round corners. Are they the same? No.

Remote Controll > piece of plastic and a wire? - spare me.

Safari-icons > you don't think these shops sell only galaxy phones?

Boxes > now what did you expect a pyramidal box? - spare me.

Charger > Samsung wins on design, Apple wins on simplicity.

USB > Standard.

Recording App > are you blind?

Color > Since when Apple owns colors.

Charger again ???

Mac mini > wow a box with rounded corners

Copying IOS?

Let's see… 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it.

I think that covers it.

• Reply 54 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Lief Ericson. I don't see any Koreans discovering any continents, so I don't really get why you'd bring this up at all.

Let's see… 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it. 

You don't get it.

I think that covers it.

Leif Ericson lived before Christopher Columbus so obvious he wouldn't matter. But since you don't get it - don't worry.

• Reply 55 of 63

Leif Ericson lived before Christopher Columbus so obvious he wouldn't matter.

… I think we've discovered the crux of our problem here. You don't think being first matters. Be it for OS' or continents.

• Reply 56 of 63

Quote:

Leif Ericson lived before Christopher Columbus so obvious he wouldn't matter. But since you don't get it - don't worry.

Quote:

… I think we've discovered the crux of our problem here. You don't think being first matters. Be it for OS' or continents.

You know that Native Americans ancestors came to American continent and de facto discovered it waaay before Leif and Columbus. From where? Yup from Asia, over the frozen Bering Strait.

• Reply 57 of 63

You know that Native Americans ancestors came to American continent and de facto discovered it waaay before Leif and Columbus. From where? Yup from Asia, over the frozen Bering Strait.

But I don't live in the United States of Strelnikov. 

• Reply 58 of 63

Quote:

Wouldn't South Korea just keep copying Japanese companies, as was—and remains—their primary modus operandi?

Apple is the company that copies Japanese companies. Or did you forget about that iPhone prototype that was based on "Sony Style". There was that one Apple employee that said the whole iPhone design changed after that sony style design. It was also sneaky how Apple made it so that one employee didnt have to testify in the San Jose case.

• Reply 59 of 63

Quote:

But I don't live in the United States of Strelnikov. 

Yes I know - I'm just teasing you and twisting your words. Don't worry.

But interestingly.

Do you know from where the name Strelnikov comes from? Roughly:

Strela - Arrow

Strelati - Shooting

Strelnikov - The Shooter.

Anyways I have other topics to attend to. Nice chat.

• Reply 60 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Just so you know, the many others like you that preceded you on this forum over the years have quietly run away with their tail between their legs.

You will too, when your sense of shame from losing face finally catches up with you.

Do you really think these others actually ran away? image