Apple pushes back iTunes 11 launch to November

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyW2001 View Post

So they're going to add the ability to sort your albums by the date they were added to your library, right? This missing feature drives me up the wall!

Also it would great to have a choice to listen to one album, rather iTunes automatically going through an artists back catalogue. Sometimes I just want to listen to Sargeant Pepper's and not have it automatically followed by Magical Mystery Tour!

It's good that they're taking the time to get things right. I'm guessing they don't trust that Forstall was going to release something they were going to be proud of.

1. I wouldn't hold my breath for changes to how iTunes sorts things - it seems like Apple has no interest in improving that. I also listen to albums rather than individual songs, and would like more options. You can sort (in album list view) by date added, but it's by song instead of album, so each album would have to be added at the same time in the correct song order. And of course an artist's albums wouldn't be together unless you added them together.

2. I'm not sure if you're talking about having iTunes play one album and then stop - if so, I think the new version is supposed to have an easy way to set up a quick playlist, which it will play through and then stop, so you could make a playlist of the one album.

I still use iTunes 9, because in album list view you can have larger artwork, and it looks so much better. I'm guessing that in iTunes 11 there will be even less options for sorting and displaying albums and artwork. I hope I'm wrong, but we already know there won't be a sidebar on the left where you can see all your playlists.

I hope that another app, such as Enqueue, could be improved enough to replace iTunes as a music player.

• Reply 42 of 51
    FYI: The link for "in-depth look" takes me back to this same article. Such a tease. =)
  • Reply 43 of 51

Originally Posted by jasonlotito View Post

FYI: The link for "in-depth look" takes me back to this same article. Such a tease. =)

That's the THIRD time I've edited this. Locked the post; hopefully the bot won't be able to circumvent that.

• Reply 44 of 51
    vorsosvorsos Posts: 302member

JohnnyW2001 View Post

Also it would great to have a choice to listen to one album, rather iTunes automatically going through an artists back catalogue. Sometimes I just want to listen to Sargeant Pepper's and not have it automatically followed by Magical Mystery Tour!

The way to currently do this is, in list view, type in "Pepper" and maybe "Beatles" if you have other content with the word Pepper. Then it just plays what's in the list.

• Reply 45 of 51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Same as before, only one difference:

In the past there was: Steve Jobs.

Today, there are several SVPs that are in the public eye.

I was referring to Tom Neumayr.

• Reply 46 of 51

It's being delayed because Ive is reworking the UI.

• Reply 47 of 51
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member

I haven't read nor seen anything that would suggest that.
  • Reply 48 of 51

I know. That's me having fun with the news, and Jony Ive taking over UI. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by einsteinbqat View Post

I haven't read nor seen anything that would suggest that.

• Reply 49 of 51

Well, the end of November is almost here. What day are you thinking the release will be?

• Reply 50 of 51
    2013 8-)
  • Reply 51 of 51
    javacowboy wrote: »
    2013 8-)

lol

As the itunes app store is viewable and nothing else we may see this rather soon. Not holding my breath just the same

:D