iomega USB CR-R and toast

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just bought a USB iomega CD-R. It came with Toast 4.1.3. The drive works great using Apple's Disc Burner, but Toast does not recognize the drive as a burner: according to Toast, the drive is a CD-ROM drive. Doeas ayone have any clue WTF is going on?

Thanks in advance,

SM

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I had that problem on my iBook until I got Toast Titanium. On my old iMac it worked fine though.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I had that problem on my iBook until I got Toast Titanium. On my old iMac it worked fine though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I guess I should have mentioned that I am running this on a Rev. B iMac with OS 9.2.

SM
  • Reply 3 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by smatanovic:

<strong>I just bought a USB iomega CD-R. It came with Toast 4.1.3. The drive works great using Apple's Disc Burner, but Toast does not recognize the drive as a burner: according to Toast, the drive is a CD-ROM drive. Doeas ayone have any clue WTF is going on?

Thanks in advance,

SM</strong><hr></blockquote>

If I recall correctly, the Disc Burner extensions conflict with the extensions for Toast 4.1.3, so you can use one or the other, but not boath.

Like EmAn, I had the same problem until I got Toast Titanium. Or, you could disable the Disc Burner extensions.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Mojo @ work:

<strong>

Like EmAn, I had the same problem until I got Toast Titanium. Or, you could disable the Disc Burner extensions.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I got rid of the Disc Burner extensions on the iBook and it still never worked. Also, I had either 4.1.2 or 4.1.3 on the iMac and also had the Disc Burner extesion installed and running and never had a problem.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

I got rid of the Disc Burner extensions on the iBook and it still never worked. Also, I had either 4.1.2 or 4.1.3 on the iMac and also had the Disc Burner extesion installed and running and never had a problem.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'll try this tonight. What advantages does Toast Titanium have? Also, if I disable DIsc burner, can I still burn from itunes?

Thanks,

SM
  • Reply 6 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by smatanovic:

<strong>

I'll try this tonight. What advantages does Toast Titanium have? Also, if I disable DIsc burner, can I still burn from itunes?

Thanks,

SM</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes you can still burn from iTunes.

The main advantage (at least for me) in Toast Titanium is that it has background burning (unlike the previous versions).