Printing CD covers

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all,

I have been trying to print several CD covers I downloaded from <a href="http://www.cdcovers.cc"; target="_blank">www.cdcovers.cc</a> and am having no luck in printing them in the actuall size. They say to right click (control-click) on the image and that it will be the right size when it is printed out, but not for me. They have a program called CoverXP but there is no Mac version available from what I can tell. Is there one? If not, how can I print these in the proper size myself? They are opening in PictureViewer BTW. I am in OS9 as neitehr of my browsers in X work on their website (well they do not let me download). Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ibookibook Posts: 50member
    Do you have Toast? If so it should have come with a program called Discus. It works great for CD covers and it should do the trick. If you don't have Toast you can probably download Discus at Cnet.com
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Does anyone know of anything else? I tried the above mentioned program, and I do not feel it is worth the $39 they are asking for it (if you do not pay "demo" is written all over your printouts). Mind you, I DO NOT mind paying for something.

How would I format AppleWorks to do this? How would I set it up so I could create my own template?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Apple has built in some cool scripts into iTunes 2.0.3, one of which is building CD covers in AppleWorks.

Go <a href="http://www.apple.com/applescript/itunes/"; target="_blank">here</a> for more information.

I haven't tried it yet, but thought I would suggest it. Hope it helps!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Awesome! That seems like just what I am looking for! I will download it and give a full report later today! Many thanks my friend!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Great, let us know how it works. I haven't had time to try it out yet.

(too busy reading Future Hardware)

• Reply 6 of 6
    Well,it is pretty much what I was looking for---simple, easy and free. But, it does not print properly on my printer! I have a HP LaserJet 4050 which is a black and white printer. For example, if I try to use the "western Swing" CD insert template, it will print black and white lines in stead of the background, making the text unreadable.

Also, it seems that I cannot alter these templates. It seem as if some AppleWorks features are disabled. Even if I could change the color of the text from White to black that would alleviate the problem.

If anyone who has used this I would appreciate any feedback. Other than this, if you have a color printer this is by far the easiest thing to do...just open the template you want, open the iTunes script, and presto....all your songs, etc. are ready to be printed out.