European Union to officially charge Samsung in antitrust case

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    kr00kr00 Posts: 99member
    This is a start, but they should go after this corrupt, manipulative organization and bring it to heal. If you think I'm going a bit overboard, then you should really read this.
    http://www.kernelmag.com/features/report/3028/samsung-power-corruption-and-lies/
  • Reply 22 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBell View Post

The media certainly likes to attack the successful, Apple in particular. However, considering the wealthy have more influence in creating legislation via their well funded lobbying efforts, it only seems fair to direct attacks towards them when things go wrong for the rest of us. 

I read somewhere that Apple spent a relatively puny $500K on lobbying last year. Google spent several times that amount (I think six). I'm guessing Google worries quite a bit more that Apple do about possible antitrust issues...

• Reply 23 of 34
    Apple pushes the envelope in environmental computer hardware, interface design, and innovates a smart phone that change the landscape.

Creepy sweetshop madam and cloner of other's tech, is seen as David to Apple's Goliath while ripping off the designs of a company they were tasked as the manufacturer and revamping their own phones and pads with a third party company that DID NOTHING BUT go through each and every Apple screen to see "how much more like the iOS can we tweak this Android phone?"

There's been a lot of money spent to make sure Apple gets all the bad press, and to create the illusion that they are suing over "rounded corners."

I'm not an apologist for Apple -- but come on. They are just an innovative "American" tech company and they get more bad press than BP after the oil spill while Nokia is overcharging them by a factor of 10 for the same tech everyone uses for phones and Samsung and Google had a privileged relationship they exploited. The lawsuits thus far have been a slap on the wrist; Samsung "might" pay $1 Billion but they made $28 Billion on Apple's iPhone while other companies that tried to innovate lost their shirts. There are a billion ways to design a smart phone -- the best selling smart phone is just like the iPhone. 'Nuff said.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jonteponte View Post

I read somewhere that Apple spent a relatively puny $500K on lobbying last year. Google spent several times that amount (I think six). I'm guessing Google worries quite a bit more that Apple do about possible antitrust issues...

Unfortunately, even though Apple learned a lot about protecting their IP from being ripped off by Microsoft for a decade -- they are still babes in the woods about how the world really works.

Owning judges and lobbyists works a lot better than owning patents.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member

it's doesn't matter. Sammy will be told to sit in a corner and think about what they've done. It'll be a 5 million euro fine.

• Reply 26 of 34

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

it's doesn't matter. Sammy will be told to sit in a corner and think about what they've done. It'll be a 5 million euro fine.

HA! 1.3, tops.

• Reply 27 of 34
    ikrupp, It's not teflon. It's grease. That's how Samsung does it.
  • Reply 28 of 34
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,339member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonteponte View Post

The amount spent by Google is mentioned here. A bit higher than you thought:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/googles_spending_lobbyists_shot_2011

Apple only spent $500K on lobbying for all of last year? Your memory fails you. According to Apple they spent more than that in just the first quarter of last year, and nearly another $800K in the second. I didn't bother tracking down the numbers for the remaining two quarters but just the totals from the first two are nearly three times higher than you thought for the entire year.

http://gigaom.com/apple/another-use-for-the-cash-pile-apples-ballooning-lobbying-spend/

• Reply 29 of 34
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member
    jungmark wrote: »

I dunno. Europe's fines are based on how much money they need more than anything else. It could be much bigger than the billion Samsung owes Apple.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member
    jonteponte wrote: »

A thousand times this.

This is the root of the problem. Apple really has to start playing the game.
  • Reply 31 of 34
    alexnalexn Posts: 119member
    anonymouse wrote: »
    lkrupp wrote: »
    Move along, nothing to see here. Apple is not mentioned in a negative way so this story will be buried by the tech media in short order. Samsung could be called the teflon of tech. Nothing sticks to it. Chinese factory labor issues, problems with hardware and software, anti-trust violations, patent infringement, the list goes on. Nothing sticks. Apple, on the other hand, is like flypaper hanging on the porch. Every little hiccup is blown up into monstrous proportions, enhanced by jerk pundits, fodder for the iHaters. Everything negative sticks to Apple these days.

That's because Google pays a small army of people to go onto any site that accepts comments and lie through their teeth to spin everything.

That's funny: I was thinking to myself, while reading lkrupp's quoted post, that there must be money being made in the Apple-bashing industry, given the latter's vitriol and apparently wide adoption.

Snap! Spooky!
  • Reply 32 of 34

Samsung semiconductor fab workers have been dying with lukemia and cancer and for years Samsung has been denying that they are work-related.

Look at this website. 

http://stopsamsung.wordpress.com/

It is an evil corporation.  They kidnapped workers in Korea who try to form a union.

• Reply 33 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexN View Post

That's funny: I was thinking to myself, while reading lkrupp's quoted post, that there must be money being made in the Apple-bashing industry, given the latter's vitriol and apparently wide adoption.

Snap! Spooky!

As I see it they are at least indirectly paying their "customers" since they are extremely successful in making the impression that they are giving it all away (software, services, hardware) just out of the godness of their heart ("do not evil"). When they are actually selling their users and all the data they can possibly collect about them to the highest bidder. It's actually quite brilliant since their "customers" are also violently defending Googles right to do so. "They only need that data to improve their services, it's win, win!". Interestingly, Google has recently started to charge for some of their Services that used to be "free". I'm guessing shareholders are starting to wonder where their payoff of having 75% of the mobile market is?

• Reply 34 of 34
    tbell wrote: »

I don't know if Google does that, but it would not surprise me. Microsoft used to do that to Apple when Windows first came out. Various governments are known to do this as well. 

I suspect they already are. Not that I should mention other sites but has anyone read the comments on mac rumours recently. There are definately some anti apple people there! Really the clue is in the site name so there is only one reason they would post negative comments. I'm now a fully fledged Apple insider!