OK, is this possible? (iPad Safari question)

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014

If this is already possible, I'm going to feel SO stupid.

Yesterday, I was at the coffee shop.  I had my iPad and I wanted to follow the scores on the Australian Open site.  I also wanted to read a long article as I was doing it.  And I had my iPad in landscape mode, with a couple tabs open, and it occurred to me that it would be really cool if one could make both tabs visible, like split-screen.  I could resize the scores tab so that I could see the scores, and the other article tab would be larger and visible, and I could scroll, etc., while the scores tab re-loaded as normal.

Is this something that is possible in programming?  I know too little to understand how it all works.  But I think, especially with iPad, given the size, it would be something that would be do-able (from the perspective of being able to see both tabs).

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    aaronj wrote:
    If this is already possible, I'm going to feel SO stupid.

http://appsineducation.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/dual-browser-for-real-multitasking-on.html

Apple would rather you bought two iPads but there seems to be a decent selection of apps to get dual tabs.

Web pages are just rendered in webkit views so you could really have as many open as you wanted. This might be why Apple wanted to originally go with web apps exclusively on iOS. All apps would be scalable and could be run side-by-side.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

http://appsineducation.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/dual-browser-for-real-multitasking-on.html

Apple would rather you bought two iPads but there seems to be a decent selection of apps to get dual tabs.

Web pages are just rendered in webkit views so you could really have as many open as you wanted. This might be why Apple wanted to originally go with web apps exclusively on iOS. All apps would be scalable and could be run side-by-side.

Wow, thank you very much.  I see.  I appreciate the help.

• Reply 3 of 3
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

The ideal solution would be to do something like what Windows 8 and Android 4.1 can do, multiview. Is there an app that can mimic that for iPad.