programers-pbs objects-Rulebookserver error msg in console

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Â* Â*Â* Â* Â* Â*Â*

2002-06-12 17:34:28.661 loginwindow[295] Can't connect to pbs object "RulebookServer"

2002-06-12 17:34:28.662 loginwindow[295] Can't connect to pbs object "RulebookServer"

2002-06-12 17:34:28.698 loginwindow[295] Can't connect to pbs object "RulebookServer"

2002-06-12 17:34:28.699 loginwindow[295] Can't connect to pbs object "RulebookServer"

2002-06-12 17:34:28.919 loginwindow[295] Can't connect to pbs object "RulebookServer"

2002-06-12 17:34:28.920 loginwindow[295] Can't connect to pbs object "RulebookServer"

Does any body know what whould cause this crap to appear in the console, constantly. Every installation of OSX ive done this shows up all the time. Apple support site is useless. Thanx all...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jregojrego Posts: 56member
    Constantly? In what console? Just while you're installing? A better explanation of your problem would probably help. Are you talking about the terminal window after the install, or a single user mode type of UNIX prompt during the install? Or is it just something that appears during the install, but is harmless?

One thing to check out would be the startup script for your user shell. I'm not sure where Mac OS X stores them, try looking on Google.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dmgeistdmgeist Posts: 153member
    Yes, in the system console- utilites/console, there

are other error consistantly occuring:

Jun 20 15:42:08 localhost WindowServer[68]: CGSOrderWindow: Invalid other window

Jun 20 15:42:08 localhost WindowServer[68]: CGXOrderWinsAndPanels: error ordering window

I have no expaination of how these erorrs occur.I

always keep the console open to watch for these kinds of things

IM currently runing 10.1.5, except these errors have been there since i first installed 10.1.0
  • Reply 3 of 3
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    well, first off, as i understand it, the console is strictly a debugging tool. Its not necessary to check it unless specifically directed, and certainly not necessary to keep it open. you dont have to be so paranoid.

second, i'm not sure what the rulebook problem is, but i think i'v gotten it myself. i'm not infront of my comp, so i cant check the console, but i'm pretty sure i've seen that msg. you dont need to concern yourself with all the errors you get with a program, or its installation. Many programs may post errors to the console, and then perform certain functions to workaround the error. The only errors that you should worry about are ones that popup on the screen (like kernel panics), or msgs that print to the terminal if you open a prog from there.

Do you notice any programs stop working or act odd at the same (approximate) time as these msgs? If you do, i suggest you contact the writers/publishers of the program(s) and ask them. But, if nothing goes wrong around it, its probably not important to an end-user, and not worth the time.