Rumored HTC handset looks even more like an iPhone 5 in leaked photo

Comments

• Reply 21 of 54
    Just wait, it will also be available in a white and aluminum version as well. All part of the natural evolution of the cell phone of course.
  • Reply 22 of 54
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    The chamfers? Definitely. The angle of the curves? Yeah. 

The rest? Eh, not really. Is there a back shot? The front here looks more like the back of the iPhone.

And I'm reminded of that great quote: "The back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs!"

Or better yet "do you have a match?"
    "yeah I gotta match, your face and my ass" HA!!!
  • Reply 23 of 54
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Why does everybody copy apple?!?

Because sadly it pays to, look at how well Samsung is doing.
  • Reply 24 of 54
    $1 says the HTC CEO is the next to say how everyone should innovate... Lol
  • Reply 25 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

"Angle of the curves"? Curves have angles? Maybe you are referring to the radius?

Why yes, (circular) curves actually do have angles. There is the central angle and the deflection angle -- railroad and highway engineers typically refer to a curve (what you are calling an arc) by it's degree of curvature which is the angle of deflection of a circular curve subtended by a 100 ft. arc. See any decent reference on surveying or geometry and it will explain these in detail. (Look at horizontal curves http://www.ctre.iastate.edu/educweb/ce353/lec05/lecture.htm   as vertical curves are parabolic.)    IHTH.   /s

• Reply 26 of 54
    As I understand it, HTC has now settled with Apple. Perhaps that is what is driving any design cues that may smack us as cavalier if their intent was to be original. Apple is likely now getting a cut of every HTC Android phone sold, just like Microsoft does.
  • Reply 27 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

HTC M7

It is a nice design, I think. But apart from being on the blackish side and having the rectangular shape with rounded corners, it's quite a different design. To have a optimal screen size vs. device size ratio, companies are kind of stuck with this shape.

What I really wonder is, what are the upper and lower grills for? is it for ventilation, or to they come with such big loudspeakers.

• Reply 28 of 54

Wow image it's black, squarey, has round corners and screen from side to side.

Shait they copied the iPhone. oh LOL.

And all this right after they (Apple - HTC) sign a non-aggression pact. HTC how dare you to screw us (just noticed there is no teary smiley, OK grumpy will do) image.

Anyways - had a good laugh at certain comments. Keep it up. image

• Reply 29 of 54
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    It is a nice design, I think. But apart from being on the blackish side and having the rectangular shape with rounded corners, it's quite a different design. To have a optimal screen size vs. device size ratio, companies are kind of stuck with this shape.
    What I really wonder is, what are the upper and lower grills for? is it for ventilation, or to they come with such big loudspeakers.

It's especially different when you look at it from the sides or rear - and the front is readily distinguishable.

I don't think Apple's going to care a bit about this one.
  • Reply 30 of 54

Honestly, I think it does not look anything like an iPhone.  It has curves edges and it is black, but the speakers on the front are different and the camera is in a different spot.  Everybody that makes a black phone will make iPhone clones then...

AI is stretching it here. 

• Reply 31 of 54
    sensisensi Posts: 346member
    People may surely confuse it with a smartphone, and that htc branding on the front is just there to mislead them. Zz
  • Reply 32 of 54

Originally Posted by Sensi View Post

People may surely confuse it with a smartphone, and that htc branding on the front is just there to mislead them.

So how did that point in the Apple/Samsung trial go? That's what Samsung tried to assert, as well. 

[Obligatory comment about how their lawyer still couldn't tell the devices apart]

• Reply 33 of 54

• Reply 34 of 54
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

A wide speaker grille has usually been a hallmark of HTC's designs.

• Reply 35 of 54
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

Bogus story is bogus

• Reply 36 of 54
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Again, look at the back of the phone. It's nothing like an iPhone.
    http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/htc-m7-leaked-as-the-2013-heir-to-the-one-x-throne-20121218/

[B]AI must be desperate for editorial articles to fill in the space between their MacMall ads.[/B]
  • Reply 37 of 54
    They really shoehorned a much bigger screen into a not that big of form factor.
  • Reply 38 of 54
    @tallest skill : I use a mophie juicepack currently. Also, going to an Apple store and looking at demo iPhones... nah, not getting one and carrying it caseless. Too many scratches in a secred environment like a store to survive my pockets.
  • Reply 39 of 54
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Frankly I wish the iPhone looked more like this HTC.

For my taste, the most dated part of the iPhone is the thick top and bottom bezels. The back of the iPhone 5 looks great, the front really needs to catch up. But that means they have to re-think the home button. Perhaps like the 30-pin dock connector Apple is ready to do this soon ...
  • Reply 40 of 54
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    mac_128 wrote: »
    Frankly I wish the iPhone looked more like this HTC.

For my taste, the most dated part of the iPhone is the thick top and bottom bezels. The back of the iPhone 5 looks great, the front really needs to catch up. But that means they have to re-think the home button. Perhaps like the 30-pin dock connector Apple is ready to do this soon ...

1) Look at the bottom of each device. They have about the same size bezel. I think you're seeing an illusion of a double bezel.

2) If they make it as thin as the back of the iPhone 5 then how will the Home Button be made to fit? I think it's possible with a more elongated button but changing it isn't something to be considered lightly.

3) Note that the HTC phone has the logo printed on the front. The iPhone does not. It's never had it on the front but even with the display off you know it's an iPhone. That means the front look is iconic even after the change from a 3.5" 4:3 display to a 4" 16:9 display. I think that's important.