AppleCare Extended Warrantee

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Do you guys think I should extend my 1 year hardware warantee?

I have had to take advantage of it. My combo drive stopped burning CDs, and luckily, it saved me about $630 worth of "repairs"... even though I have to be without my machine for the whole week. I wish those jerks at the Apple store would have just given me a new drive to install myself, but that's besides the point.

I don't know how long I'm going to keep the machine, which is an 867mhz G4 with 1.1 GB of RAM, 40gb HD, and a Radeon 8500 graphics card. I ordered it ... the day of the keynote in MWNY last year =) I got it because I always wanted a totally awesome high-end Mac. My previous machine was a Quadra 650, so yeah, I was deprived.

Would it still be worth getting the extended warantee if i sell the machine, say, within a year or so?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pastapasta Posts: 112member
    [quote]Originally posted by xhypertensionx:

<strong>Do you guys think I should extend my 1 year hardware warantee?

I have had to take advantage of it. My combo drive stopped burning CDs, and luckily, it saved me about $630 worth of "repairs"... even though I have to be without my machine for the whole week. I wish those jerks at the Apple store would have just given me a new drive to install myself, but that's besides the point.

I don't know how long I'm going to keep the machine, which is an 867mhz G4 with 1.1 GB of RAM, 40gb HD, and a Radeon 8500 graphics card. I ordered it ... the day of the keynote in MWNY last year =) I got it because I always wanted a totally awesome high-end Mac. My previous machine was a Quadra 650, so yeah, I was deprived.

Would it still be worth getting the extended warantee if i sell the machine, say, within a year or so?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Absolutely. The warranty extension is a super deal, and it will fetch more $$$ when/if you sell it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    altivecaltivec Posts: 11member
    Go get that AppleCare,

that will cover your Mac for 2 extra year in store and phone support and if you seel it in a few month that will raise his value...

just to give you a idea a LogicBoard (motherboard) of a mac is around 350$ US up to 800$ US... apple reseller are changing the LogicBoard if you have any **** like connection prob, sound prob, startup prob.... so go get your AppleCare....