TiBook 550 for $800...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
...is this a deal worth going for? The machine is in perfect condition and hardly has been used.

[ 07-21-2002: Message edited by: lindykid ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    That looks like an EXCELLENT deal, but make sure the seller is honest. Of course, from the sound of your post it looks like you've seen the TiBook or a picture of it, but I'm not you.

Even if it's a DVD rather than Combo model with minimum everything, it's a good deal. I'd expect a combo version to be going for about $1600-$1700 now, with the DVD-ROM version costing about $1400-$1500.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Buying advice requires a genius and so:

Moving to Genius Bar...
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I am buying it from a friend. I do not know the specs as of right now though.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Definately go for it. I wish i could get one for that price.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    is this someone that you know who's selling it, or are you looking at an online sale?

my only caveat woudl be that this totally sounds like someone who's going to take your money and run. deal sounds way too good to be true.

however, if this is someone that you'll be dealing with in person, go for it. although i would want to see the machine up and running once before i bought it if possible.

-alcimedes
  • Reply 6 of 9
    It is from a friend of mine the machine works fine. It was a returned unit that was sitting around bestbuy. It is close to new as you can get with it being used. I just do not know the details of the unit because I have not had the chance to ask,,,I have seen the machine I am purchasing up and running.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Dude, best buy doesn't sell macs. Are you sure it's not some PC that looks like a TiBook? They haven't sold macs at bb since like 1998. What would they be doing having it at all? Something's a little fishy in the story...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    yeah, i worked selling macs at best buy when they had them, they NEVER carried TiBooks, i can promise you that.

something's weird with this, but if it's a friend, just make sure it's actually a TiBook, and walk away with a smile.

(assuming it's not stolen) you'll have to be the judge as to whether or not your friend would do that.

-alcimedes
  • Reply 9 of 9
    shoot I mean compusa sorry....I am a dumb ass...heh.

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: lindykid ]</p>