Samsung's new Wallet app has numerous similarities to Apple's Passbook

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 127
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Looks identical. It's the worse contrast of the photograph compared to the actual image of it. If your monitor is good enough, you can see the pocket and stitching on the small image even in the article here.

• Reply 122 of 127
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Looks identical. It's the worse contrast of the photograph compared to the actual image of it. If your monitor is good enough, you can see the pocket and stitching on the small image even in the article here.

Ah, thanks.  That might explain it.  I use the second monitor output from my laptop for this forum, and it doesn't have a super color resolution depth.

• Reply 123 of 127
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member

Apple spends the money innovating. Samsung spends money copying and working around existing patents.

• Reply 124 of 127
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    eluard wrote: »
    White on grey? I can just about make out the words "Apple logo".
    It is white on white and then when commented on grey but either way it is meant to be hardly noticeable yet grey on white might had been a better choice so it blends in when comminuted.
  • Reply 125 of 127
    taa kjtaa kj Posts: 1member
    Yes, my Saddleback Leather wallet has numerous similarities to a wallet from Bellroy. There are only so many ways to make a wallet, then only so many of those are actually a good design.

Would you be happy if the icon had nothing to do with a passport or wallet? What if the app didn't automatically update your information, would you be happy then?
  • Reply 126 of 127
    guaihuguaihu Posts: 36member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tAA KJ View Post

Yes, my Saddleback Leather wallet has numerous similarities to a wallet from Bellroy. There are only so many ways to make a wallet, then only so many of those are actually a good design.

Would you be happy if the icon had nothing to do with a passport or wallet? What if the app didn't automatically update your information, would you be happy then?

First, there are tons of ways to design a wallet icon of this type.

Second, listening to The Mobile Verge podcast, they saw a demo of S Wallet at MWC (I think), and there are more similarities to Passbook than just the icon. They lifted a lot of the design and implementation straight from Apple. And the people at The Verge are by no means Apple fanboys except for Josh Topolsky.

• Reply 127 of 127
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by tAA KJ View Post

Would you be happy if the icon had nothing to do with a passport or wallet?

If it had something to do with a wallet, it would look totally different. That'd be fine.