Recommend a Printer...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
To use with an FP iMac, mostly for text and color flyers and such, and occasionally a photo. I'm figuring in the $100 to $150 range, and I'd like everything to be OSX native. Eh?

did

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I have only had bad experiences with Espon and OS X. With OS 9 it's OK but they have odd issues such as the noise they make when printing and start up times. It seems like it takes at least a minute to start up the printer. But they do print beautifully.

HP has a solid line of printers. OS X drivers work well. Quality is not like Epson but acceptable.

I have limited experience with Canon and Lexmark.

Mind you this is merely considering inkjet. if you want a laser for B&W crisp text then you can never go wrong with HP.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    i would probably go with a cheap hp, never cared a whole lot for lexmark, they get the job done, but it ain't too pretty on the cheap ones. Then again i got the one i have for 10 bucks after rebate

You might even want to check out and see what's with bluetooth rendevous printers that jobs mentioned.

[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: MicrosoftOsXp ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    vikingviking Posts: 127member
    I just bought one of the new HP printers just introduced last month. There were three new models. I got the Deskjet 3820. Its Awesome. It was only $99 too. I had an Epson EX and a Canon S300 (both relatively expensive printers and this little HP is better than both.) I don't know how they made such a good printer for $99! It works flawlessly in both OS X and OS 9. In OS X it was recognized right away.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    I'd say get some sort of HP. I hooked up a Photosmart 1100 to my iBook and it works fine in OS X. The new models from HP look interesting, they can use a 6-ink cartridge for photo printing now, and the printers aren't too expensive, I think $149 and lower.