Epson printer won't print

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
A little while back our Epson 740i printer ran out of ink. My brother took the cartridge out without telling me that he did so. After I had refilled the ink, I put it back in. The ink has since turned into the consistency of honey, according to the ink-by-the-pint company(http://www.oddparts.com/ink/so20089.htm for instructions). Now, no matter what we do, the printer will not print. Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I believe in Epson printers, the print heads are contained in the printer and not the cartridges. Is it possible you've got some dried ink clogging up the print heads? Have you tried cleaning them using the printers head cleaning cycle? That's why you shouldn't remove old cartridges, even if empty, until you've got new ones to replace them.

[ 09-13-2002: Message edited by: RodUK ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by RodUK:

[Q]I believe in Epson printers, the print heads are contained in the printer and not the cartridges. <hr></blockquote>

Sounds right.

Quote:

Is it possible you've got some dried ink clogging up the print heads? Have you tried cleaning them using the printers head cleaning cycle?<hr></blockquote>

Several bajillion times

That's why you shouldn't remove old cartridges, even if empty, until you've got new ones to replace them.

I wouldn't, but my brother was unaware of this.