!!!Extremely Urgent!!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I need to know if this sounds like a power supply problem to you people. I shut down my B/W G3 last night normally and then tried to turn it on the following morning. It did not work at all. I didn't even get a fan spin-up. I tried pressing PMU/CUDA chips, and replacing the battery. Nothing worked. I have a new supply on order, but i need to know what others think before i confirm that order.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sounds like a power supply, i assume you've done the standard like plugging it into another socket, using a different power cable etc.? you might also want to try silly things like pulling out the ram, reseating it in the machine and then booting it. (actually try that right away, i've seen it work before)

let me know if any of those make a difference.

-alcimedes
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by alcimedes:

<strong>sounds like a power supply, i assume you've done the standard like plugging it into another socket, using a different power cable etc.? you might also want to try silly things like pulling out the ram, reseating it in the machine and then booting it. (actually try that right away, i've seen it work before)

let me know if any of those make a difference.

-alcimedes</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, i did all of that. Even tried the advanced stuff. The supply is already pulled and i should have the new one by 10:00 tomorrow. (Too bad im in school 'til 3:10)i ordered the supply from, actually, an Apple-recommended store, computer DNA. have you heard anything about them?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    so you already pulled the ram, started it, reseated the ram then started it again?

nm then.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I sure hope you checked everything, such as making sure that the Power Button is not detached or broken. The outlet that your using is not dead. Bad Ram could also be part of the problem.