Joining Tracks in iTunes

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I want to join CD tracks for ripping into MP3s, but the Join CD Tracks command is grayed out in iTunes. I have the tracks selected.. what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    imudimud Posts: 140member
    Are they all the same bit rate?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    I was under the impression you had to join the tracks before you ripped them..
  • Reply 3 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by frawgz:

<strong>Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I want to join CD tracks for ripping into MP3s, but the Join CD Tracks command is grayed out in iTunes. I have the tracks selected.. what am I doing wrong?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You have to select the tracks and then choose the command all before you start ripping them. Does that help?

It would be nice if it could be done at any time. Rather than using an additional editing program.

[ 10-28-2002: Message edited by: Greg Mote ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 7
    A little off.. but,

I can listen to the tracks in iTunes almost cross faded one into the other.. is there any way to record it that way to a CD? ( Not just reducing the gap but merging the tracks)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Yeah, but you have to purchase Roxio's Jam. It's not currently possible in iTunes.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    [quote]Originally posted by Greg Mote:

<strong>You have to select the tracks and then choose the command all before you start ripping them. Does that help?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Right.. the problem is the command is grayed out even before the tracks are ripped. I'm at a loss..
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I've found the join tracks really useful for classical music, when it's in the mood to work, that is. Sometimes it's available, and sometimes it's grayed out...kind of bizarre. There isn't a logic pattern to the occurences, so maybe it's a bug?