ITC calls for import ban against Samsung, rejects Google's flip-flop arguments

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,271member
    rayz wrote: »
    Isn't it round about now when you try to convince folk that Google isn't suing anyone, by insisting that Motorola is somehow a completely separate company and not attached to Google at all?

Of course they're a separate company... and also owned by Google. I'm guessing you were making a point? Moto hasn't started any new IP lawsuits either since Google purchased them. With that said Motorola operates separately according to statements. That's not unusual is it?
  • Reply 22 of 58
    snowdog65snowdog65 Posts: 268member

I love it when hypocrisy get eviscerated.

• Reply 23 of 58
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,864member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

But not a single one favorable to Google or Android in his entire FossPatents history. Ever. For anything. Not that being paid by both MS and Oracle would have anything to do with that.

I'll agree the facts he chooses are usually correct tho. That's why I make him a daily read.

Translation of above quote:

I just wish he weren't so objective in his coverage of Google or Android. He could throw us a bone occasionally. He won't even accept payments from Google for favorable coverage.

I'll quote him whenever I like what he says, but I'll bash him whenever he writes honestly about Google or Samsung. I, or my staff, read him every day in case there's something we can use in our propaganda efforts, or some truth we need to counter.

• Reply 24 of 58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Of course they're a separate company... and also owned by Google. I'm guessing you were making a point? Moto hasn't started any new IP lawsuits either since Google purchased them. With that said Motorola operates separately according to statements. That's not unusual is it?

• Reply 25 of 58
    Dan_DilgerDan_Dilger Posts: 1,583member

Quote:

I'm surprised AI would bother with the staff opinion as tho it's somehow binding. They are simply another third party offering their viewpoint. Further, if the ITC judge accepted the staff recommendation in it's entirety if would be a much more narrow victory for Apple than what the ITC preliminary ruling already offers. In other words the staff disagrees with some of the ITC's pro-Apple rulings to this point. It would be in Apple's better interests for the staff opinions not to be adopted.

It was pretty much just a typical anti-Google article from Mueller as far as his opinion. The facts he chose to include are correct of course as they normally are, and I'd agree with him that an import ban is more likely than not.

Do you get paid to spread your misinformation and phony pro-Google propaganda Gatorguy?

Facts speak for themselves. Google is a lying hypocrite about IP. Trying to demonize Mueller for spelling out the facts just makes it evident you have no respect for the truth.

You, unlike Mueller, never add anything to the discussion but noise, fallacy and distractions away from the truth. You are consistently terrible.  

• Reply 26 of 58
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Do you get paid to spread your misinformation and phony pro-Google propaganda Gatorguy?

Facts speak for themselves. Google is a lying hypocrite about IP. Trying to demonize Mueller for spelling out the facts just makes it evident you have no respect for the truth.

You, unlike Mueller, never add anything to the discussion but noise, fallacy and distractions away from the truth. You are consistently terrible.  

Consider Gatorguy corrected!

(And right out in public in front of everybody! How embarrassing!)
  • Reply 27 of 58
    Having Daniel/Corrections call me out is akin to a big thumbs up. :-)

As for which of us gets paid for what we write I'm pretty sure Daniel doesn't do it for free.
  • Reply 28 of 58
    Not when that thumb goes right up your ass.

And to think they used to say that there was always time for lube!
  • Reply 29 of 58
    gtr wrote: »
    Not when that thumb goes right up your ass

Witty!! And only a few minutes to come up with it too. A fine show of intellect so well done sir.
  • Reply 30 of 58
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member

Yes, he's consistently terrible, but at least he doesn't deny that he's ignorant on technology issues (see my signature).
  • Reply 31 of 58
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Delete
  • Reply 32 of 58
    jragosta wrote: »
    Yes, he's consistently terrible, but at least he doesn't deny that he's ignorant on technology issues (see my signature).

Well hey Joe. You've been uncharacteristically quiet lately. I almost missed you.
  • Reply 33 of 58
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Having Daniel/Corrections call me out is akin to a big thumbs up. :-)

As for which of us gets paid for what we write I'm pretty sure Daniel doesn't do it for free.

The difference is that he usually knows what he's talking about. You simply google, cut, paste.
  • Reply 34 of 58
    The difference is that he usually knows what he's talking about. You simply google, cut, paste.

Just be sure to let me know when I'm wrong and "correct" it. I'm sure you won't let me down when it happens.
  • Reply 35 of 58
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    gatorguy wrote: »

Just be sure to let me know when I'm wrong and "correct" it. I'm sure you won't let me down when it happens.

Nah. It's too much work. Life's too short to keep track of junk like that.
  • Reply 36 of 58
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

I don't think he meant all his wrongs :lol:
  • Reply 37 of 58

Quote:

Funny stuff, GG, no one can even keep track of how many times you've been called out for posting blatantly false information. Then there's always the furious spin to deny that you ever said what you said. You've got chutzpah, I'll give you that, to pretend like you've never been "corrected".

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

It would be a full time job to keep up with and contradict all his nonsense. After all, it's a full time job for him to post it.

Of course, his most consistent hypocrisy, over time, is his current signature, which is clearly meant as a personal attack.

• Reply 38 of 58
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member
    jragosta wrote: »

In all fairness regarding Gatorguy's statement, no one else has been able to make a stable and secure version of Android.
  • Reply 39 of 58

Quote:

Witty!! And only a few minutes to come up with it too. A fine show of intellect so well done sir.

My use of wit

Could be reduced quite a bit,

If only you'd

Stop posting shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

...no one else has been able to make a stable and secure version of Android.

Not necessarily true.

This guy's hard at work making one now.

• Reply 40 of 58
    Double Post