Skype for iPad adds HD video calling, CBS Sports gains live video

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    Does this Skype work in HD now on iPhone 5, iPod touch 5, IPad mini 1, reg. IPad 4?
  • Reply 22 of 34

seriously? no love for ipad 3 again? first no airdrop, now even skype doesn't allow HD on ipad 3s. 

It hasn't even been that long ago! ipad 4 didn't even have an official launch! Why is ipad 3 losing so much love?  

• Reply 23 of 34
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by blueeddie View Post

seriously? no love for ipad 3 again? first no airdrop, now even skype doesn't allow HD on ipad 3s. 

It hasn't even been that long ago! ipad 4 didn't even have an official launch! Why is ipad 3 losing so much love?  

Uh, ignoring the "didn't have an official launch" bit to note that you're not even getting iOS 7, but the iPad 2 is.

• Reply 24 of 34

Sorry, I don't really understand...

I might be wrong about the official launch. But what do you mean by not getting iOS 7?

• Reply 25 of 34
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Sorry, I don't really understand...

I might be wrong about the official launch. But what do you mean by not getting iOS 7?

You're not getting iOS 7. What was confusing? That's about as simple a sentence as can be.

• Reply 26 of 34

ipad 3 is the first ipad with retina display... of course I'm getting iOS 7. 

Unless you're toying around with me pretending that you don't know I'm referring to iPad 3rd Generation (New iPad)?

• Reply 27 of 34

ipad 3 is the first ipad with retina display... of course I'm getting iOS 7. 

iPad 3 is iPad 3. "iPad with retina display" is iPad 4.

• Reply 28 of 34

At first I was positive that iPad 3 will indeed get iOS 7, but since you (someone's posts on this site actually with brain) are the one informing me that it doesnt, I began to doubt myself and worrying that iPad 3 will possibly not get the update. 

Now this joke is just lame, seeing that it is a mistake on Apple's behalf. 

• Reply 29 of 34

Now this joke is just lame, seeing that it is a mistake on Apple's behalf. 

Is it? Are there iOS 7 betas for the third gen models? Again, it's not listed here.

• Reply 30 of 34

Ok, let me shut you up. Sorry I'm being a little rude. 

Watch the iOS 7 Keynote announcement, about 5:10 from the end.

It doesn't make sense that it would support iPad 2 but not 3.

Apple should instead have on their site saying "iPads with Retina Display" 

• Reply 31 of 34

It doesn't make sense that it would support iPad 2 but not 3.

Funny, same's true of the iPad/iPhone 4 with iOS 6.

Apple should instead have on their site saying "iPads with Retina Display" 

No, they should instead have "iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad with retina display". But thanks.

• Reply 32 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Funny, same's true of the iPad/iPhone 4 with iOS 6.

No, they should instead have "iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad with retina display". But thanks..

or: 

"iPad 2, The new iPad, iPad with Retina Display."

I don't understand why with the iOS 6 though. I would argue because iPad doesn't have Retina Display, while iPhone 4 does. But iPhone 3GS doesn't have RD either... Didn't try installing iOS 6 on my original iPad, not going to bother.

• Reply 33 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Is it? Are there iOS 7 betas for the third gen models? Again, it's not listed here.

As for this, http://ipadinsight.com/ios-7/ios-7-on-an-ipad-3-some-first-impressions/ shows someone trying iOS 7 beta on their iPad 3rd Gen.

• Reply 34 of 34

Hi,

I have Skype installed on PC, but I use it mainly to talk for free. Otherwise I use the Smartgroschen. They have a small top-up starts from 0.89 Euro, so just enough to use from time to time.