Apple & Samsung drive 55% increase in mobile display revenues

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    That (the opposite) was YOUR assertion. The aggregate of bad decisions in their hardware and software design is why they sucked.

So you agree that it wasn't because of the curved glass, thanks.
  • Reply 22 of 28

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

So you agree that it wasn't because of the curved glass

Nope.

• Reply 23 of 28
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Your friend is actually lucky. There are a lot of new phones running versions of Android that are far older than that. And very few of them will ever be upgradeable.

Here's what's funny.  Right when 4.3 came out, Samsung had a big s/w download and people THOUGHT it was 4.3.  Nope.  Only 4.2.2.  I just looked at his phone and pressed update, and it indicated that it was running the latest OS and that is 4.2.2..

Lucky?  4.2.2 came out in February, and the S4 was released in May.

• Reply 24 of 28
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    drblank wrote: »
    Here's what's funny.  Right when 4.3 came out, Samsung had a big s/w download and people THOUGHT it was 4.3.  Nope.  Only 4.2.2.  I just looked at his phone and pressed update, and it indicated that it was running the latest OS and that is 4.2.2..

Sure. Compared to the people who buy phones today that still run 2.x versions, your friend is lucky.

Not lucky compared to iPhone purchasers who will be able to easily upgrade their phones, of course.
  • Reply 25 of 28

I believe that was either the security patch or updates to Samsung's proprietary apps. It is the latest version for the phone itself. While Samsung's apps differentiate it from other Android manufactures but it makes it much more work for Samsung to make sure all of their apps and features play nice with a OS update. Anyone that cares about having the latest OS would be wise to buy a Nexus phone.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I believe that was either the security patch or updates to Samsung's proprietary apps. It is the latest version for the phone itself. While Samsung's apps differentiate it from other Android manufactures but it makes it much more work for Samsung to make sure all of their apps and features play nice with a OS update. Anyone that cares about having the latest OS would be wise to buy a Nexus phone.

Well, obviously Android users either fit into any one, combination or all 3 camps.

1.  Ignorant about the whole concept.  (MOST OF THEM)

2.  Don't care (MOST OF THEM)

3.  Wouldn't understand the concept if you explained it to them.  (MOST OF THEM).

• Reply 27 of 28
    Well, obviously Android users either fit into any one, combination or all 3 camps.

1.  Ignorant about the whole concept.  (MOST OF THEM)
    2.  Don't care (MOST OF THEM)
    3.  Wouldn't understand the concept if you explained it to them.  (MOST OF THEM).

That describes most people for anything. :lol:
  • Reply 28 of 28
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The aggregate of bad decisions in their hardware and software design is why they sucked.

I actually love my Galaxy Nexus.  It has 4.65 inch with super amoled pentile display.  Once you root it and flash one of stable roms and kernels, it simply flies.  You can also change colour settings if you dont like the warmer tone on the amoled screen.

Re: Hardware.  My Galaxy Nexus was one of the best.  It has clean front screen slightly curved (sits nicely in my pants).  Case is plastic but not like S3 or Note2.  Very comfortable in my hand, not blocky as iPhone 4s.

Re; Software.  You know it is a Nexus phone.  You get the latest Android software

It is retiring soon as new Oppo is comming up soon, but I would keep it.