Day-one iOS 7.0.1 update for iPhone 5s & 5c patches launch bugs

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    The thing to remember is that for someone to use this bug, they must have your iphone.

There is a listing of 10 laws of security over on the MS Technet site, http://technet.microsoft.com/library/cc722487.aspx

Law #3: If a bad guy has unrestricted physical access to your computer, it's not your computer anymore

For this bug it is:
    Law #3: If a bad guy has unrestricted physical access to your iPhone, it's not your iPhone anymore.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

I actually felt the same (cartoony) until using it. Now I get it.

Yes, same for me. After rebooting into iOS 7 my first thought was "wow, that's....colorful". But after two days I feel iOS 6 looks outdated and that iOS 7 is the first version taking full advantage of the retina display. Plus, the look and feel has completely grown on me.

Just a few bugs, though:

- Have to kill and restart Safari in a while when pages load incompletely due to bad network connection, e.g. this side. Reloading again after being back to good connection keeps the damaged layout, possibly not reloading the css properly.

- Two hangs on Mail under the same conditions

- Incoming calls sometimes do not automatically switch to the BT car system

But overall, best update yet to me.
  • Reply 43 of 46

Oh, and one more thing I noticed: I love the swiping from the left gesture for safari, Messages, Email etc. And I feel it really works great due to the chamfer on the 5's housing, like it has always been one reason for this particular design.

• Reply 44 of 46

Oceanic: "It's no small update in file size - 1.39 GB downloading in iTunes at the moment to go on my new 5S.

I assume that means quite a few "bug fixes"."

No.

When you install an upgrade through iTunes on your computer, you will be downloading the full install package; and the iOS 7was about 1.35GB on first installation. This will also happen when you install a 'bug fix': a full install package each time.

If you install directly to your iDevice 'over the air', the first install will be the full package (in this case 1.3+GB); subsequent installation of '*.0.x' bug fixes and such will be a patching package of several hundred MBs.

I suggest doing the 'over the air' install for bug fixes.

Cheers

• Reply 45 of 46
    minicapt wrote: »
    Oceanic: "It's no small update in file size - 1.39 GB downloading in iTunes at the moment to go on my new 5S.
    I assume that means quite a few "bug fixes"."

No.
    When you install an upgrade through iTunes on your computer, you will be downloading the full install package; and the iOS 7was about 1.35GB on first installation. This will also happen when you install a 'bug fix': a full install package each time.
    If you install directly to your iDevice 'over the air', the first install will be the full package (in this case 1.3+GB); subsequent installation of '*.0.x' bug fixes and such will be a patching package of several hundred MBs.
    I suggest doing the 'over the air' install for bug fixes.

Cheers

Huh? I tried it first with iTunes, which was trying to download 1GB for my iPhone and 1.35GB for my iPad. Both timed out, so I did it on the device (never saw those wheels in the icon spinning before; cool) and my iPhone needed 780MB and my iPad 935MB. I'm in NL, should that matter. iPad with cellular, should that matter.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Thanks for sharing this new updates. I am too facing some problem with accessing other application. I have also reported all error message to the Apple. I hope they can resolve back with updated new version.

Regards,
    Adam Morgany
    http://www.yudiz.com