iPhone 5s no longer available for in-store pickup at Apple retail stores

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    I bought my 64GB Silver/white 5s at 12:02am on Friday the 20th. I will receive it tomorrow afternoon. Tracking info shows it shipped from Zhehzhou (sp?) China.

I would be interested to see how long it took for Apple to post "ships in October" shipping dates for online sales. Has anyone here ordered a 5s on Friday and been given an October delivery date?
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMacMan View Post

D!ck head misk is at it again. I just wish he gets fired

"Shares of Apple (AAPL) are up $1.61 at $492.25, after Jefferies & Co.‘s Peter Misek issued a skeptical view of the company’s reported 9 million in first-weekend sales of the iPhone 5S and 5C. Based on reviews of the supply chain, Misek estimates the company sold 4 million of the 5S and 2.5 million of the 5C, with the rest being sold into the channel, meaning non-Apple stores. Misek opines “While 6.5 million sell-through is still solid, it is not a huge amount of upside.” He reiterates a Hold rating on Apple shares and a $425 price target."

Wow. So, a 25% increase in first-weekend sales over the previous "record-breaking best-selling" launch of the iPhone 5 (and its record-breaking 5 million unit first-weekend) still only rates as "not a huge amount of upside"?

Some people are never satisfied. Who else can, will or could sell six and a half MILLION of anything in two days, other than MAYBE McDonalds hamburgers (globally)?

Billions of dollars of direct sales "upside" in a single weekend and this putz sees no upside. I guess his head is permanently tilted downward or something...

• Reply 43 of 46
    Everyone knows that Apple will beat estimates. They even alluded to it in the filing. These bogus claims of channel fill will all be forgotten on the day Apple reports earnings. The big question is why are Analysts scrambling to raise their estimates now. Why not stick to original estimates that they worked so hard to come up with via channel checks and surveys. I mean why update estimates the last week of the quarter. They might as well just wait until Apple reports and leave the guess work alone. That's like trying to place a bet once the roulette wheel starts slowing down Once we account for the buyback, improved margins, sales, Apple could report $9 per share vs the original $7.40 forecast. Late october stock goes to $570.00 unless government shutdown!
  • Reply 44 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

That I am.

I doubt this. Is Apple Retail considered a "third party partner"? That's what is reflected in channel inventory. 

• Reply 45 of 46
    Something went wrong either by distribution process or they device needed some tweaking
  • Reply 46 of 46
    lowstuff wrote: »
    Something went wrong either by distribution process or they device needed some tweaking

What in the world are you talking about?