Samsung issues second, unsubstantiated denial of Galaxy S4, Note 3 benchmark cheating

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by binex View Post

I do not condone Samsung's behaviour in this particular area, but I do believe it is important to remain grounded and not make sweeping generalisations about a whole company based on bad behaviour from a particular division. I am sure some will say that it speaks to the general tone of the company as a whole, but based on my experience of working in large companies I can say that very often the divisions within a company have different sub cultures.

I am a hardcore Apple fan. I have a MacBook Pro Retina, 3 Mac Minis (2 at home and 1 colocated), an Apple LED Cinema Display, a ATV, a AirPort Time Capsule, an iPad 1, an iPad Mini and an iPhone 4S; my daughters have a MacBook and an iPhone 5 each. BUT, I have a 63" Plasma TV, a Fridge/Freezer, a Washing Machine and a EZON Digital Lock all from Samsung; and I am very happy with them.

The reason I have a MacBook over a VAIO laptop or an iPhone over a Galaxy 4 or iOS over Android or Mac OS X over Windows is not because I am a blindly obsessed with Apple and hate anything else, but because I simply prefer the whole Apple experience: their products are well crafted and gorgeously designed, their ecosystem provides great connectivity between devices, their OSs are rock solid, easy to use and secure and IMHO they provide great value for money. But this is simply my view image

I'm right there with you.  I have a Late-2012 iMac 27", an old MacBook, an ATV, an iPhone5S, an iPad3, and my dad has my old iPhone3GS that he uses to listen to podcasts pretty much.  I've owned an iPhone of one sort or another since the first one came out.  Oh, and somewhere in a drawer (I honestly have no idea) are a couple of iPods collecting dust.

I've got around 50GB of purchased music from iTunes, and a number of films and TV shows.

So, it's safe to say that I dig Apple and their ecosystem.  Everything works great for me.  I'm also a shareholder.

But both my HDTV and my Blu-Ray player are Samsung.  For some reason, Amazon had a ridiculous deal on my HDTV at the time, and there was no way I was going to pass that up.  And when I got the BRP, I figured why not match it up with the HDTV?  That was the entirety of my decision-making in those cases.

Apple I'm dedicated to, if for no other reason than I already have a vast investment in the ecosystem.  And as you say, it works great so why would I change anyways?  When I replace my HDTV (soon hopefully) I have no such dedication to Samsung.  If I see an LG I like, that's what I'll get.  If Apple comes out with their own "TV" that's what I'll probably get.  Etc.

Oh, also, the couple of times I have had to take something into the Apple Store to be looked at I received awesome service, even though both times the item was out of warranty.  That's another Apple advantage: The Apple Store.  There are three within reasonable distance from me.