iPhone 5s supply declining in US while Apple's iPhone 5c remains fully stocked

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

The channel stuffing was analysts refusing to admit their sales estimates were wrong. They predicted 6M, Apple announced 9M so the difference has to be channel stuffing. Because analysts can never be wrong and no one ever fact checks what they say or predictQuote:

Originally Posted by ScartArt View Post

correct, their premise is the extra 3M was made up of 5c phones sitting on shelves rather than there being any extra demand.

No, this is not correct.  You guys need to get your terminology correct.

Channel stuffing is the ILLEGAL PRACTICE of forcing your channels to take more product than they can sell, in order to report an artificially boosted sales number.  This is typically followed by high return rates.  If this has actually happened, Tim Cook might be going to jail.

Nobody serious is suggesting this; all they are saying is that a large number of 5C units did not sell during the opening weekend.   That CHANNEL FILL amount needs to be subtracted from Apple's 9 million number in order to calculate the amount of units 'sold through' to customers.

• Reply 22 of 33

All anyone really knows is demand for the 5S remains strong.  Of course whether it is stronger than the 5 last year depends on the production rate of the 5S.   Oct 18th should shed some light on that.

• Reply 23 of 33
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member

If Apple has a #1 hit product, the 5S, the internet trumpets declining 5C sales.

If the 5C is the number two phone on major US carriers, the internet tells you the 5C must be tanking in every other country.

If Apple rolls out the 5S internationally, the internet bemoans the availability of the 5S in the USA.

If the 5S sees staggering demand, the internet shouts at you about the world's hatred of the 5C.

If the 5C sells well in the US beating Sammy4, the internet wants you to know the 5C is not outselling the 5S!  (tsk tsk)

If retailers lower the price of the 5C LIKE ANALYSTS DEMANDED, they report this as a failure.

Analysts, bloggers, and others are like a bad parent to Apple.  "You can't do it!" "You'll never make it!" And then "Didn't I say you couldn't do it?"  "You only think you did it, but really you failed!"  "Everything you thought was good about yourself is bad!"

Apple needs good parents again.  "You can do it!"  "Good job, you accomplished your goal!"  "Hey you did better next time."  "Okay this didn't work out perfectly, so what can you change or improve for next time?"  "I believe in you."

Gene Munster is the wicked stepmother to Apple.

• Reply 24 of 33

Anyone ordered a 5s recently? Whats the delivery time? Wifes 4s just stopped getting service.

• Reply 25 of 33
    Even Hong Kong can get 5c within 24 hours, rare for 'new' iPhone product as we normally need to wait for 3 months
  • Reply 26 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mubaili View Post

still waiting for my 64G 5S order from Apple Online Store to be processed (Stuck in the processing order status for the past week). sigh.

Yeah, good luck with that.  I've had my 64G 5s on order from Apple's Online store since opening weekend (9/23) and it's still stuck in "processing".  They damn well better fulfill these outstanding orders before they begin selling in new markets.  There is definitely a supply issue going on that didn't exist to this extent with either the 4s or the 5 launch.

• Reply 27 of 33
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Yeah, good luck with that.  I've had my 64G 5s on order from Apple's Online store since opening weekend (9/23) and it's still stuck in "processing".  They damn well better fulfill these outstanding orders before they begin selling in new markets.  There is definitely a supply issue going on that didn't exist to this extent with either the 4s or the 5 launch.

You might want to see your physician. Your memory is apparently gone.

The iPhone 5 was in extremely short supply for a long, long time.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Apple may have just proven once and for all that their market is almost exclusively a high-end market.

The bleeding-edge high-end models have been sold out since launch, with no end in sight.

The "lower tier" (what apple-bashers now refer to as "last year's model repackaged") isn't selling as well? Are we sure of that? And if not, are we surprised?

As far as I know, the iPhone 5 was the world's single best-selling smartphone handset of all time. No other single model from any other company (including Apple?) outsold it.

The iPhone 5c is that same handset, but in a different case and slightly upgraded. It's still a very relevant and desirable device. And yet%u2026

Apple has plentiful stock of it, and none of their 'flagship" device. People buy Apple's HIGH END first.

I wonder if the "Apple needs to be CHEAPER!" people will ever get this and stop demanding it from Apple?
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

The "lower tier" (what apple-bashers now refer to as "last year's model repackaged") isn't selling as well? Are we sure of that? And if not, are we surprised?

Actually, that's what Apple's most vocal fans on here call it. Seriously.

I call it a new phone and they call it the 5 with a different skin.

I can show you the posts if you don't believe me.

• Reply 30 of 33
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Actually, that's what Apple's most vocal fans on here call it. Seriously.

I call it a new phone and they call it the 5 with a different skin.

I can show you the posts if you don't believe me.

Who cares?

It is essentially a repackaged iPhone 5. Yes, it has a few minor improvements, but the features are essentially identical other than the case.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Who cares?

It is essentially a repackaged iPhone 5. Yes, it has a few minor improvements, but the features are essentially identical other than the case.

Who cares?

Well, you seem to care.

• Reply 32 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

You might want to see your physician. Your memory is apparently gone.

The iPhone 5 was in extremely short supply for a long, long time.

Is there a reason you have to be a douche with your reply?  Yes, overall, there were supply issues with every iPhone launch.  However, from my observations, if you wanted a higher end device (like a 64GB) model, you could typically get one.  As an example, I bought a 4s on the opening weekend (without waiting in lines).  I just walked in on a Sunday to the nearest carrier store and they had a few devices if you wanted the high end model.  Similar story with my wife's iPhone 5.  With the 5s, they appear to be even more scarce.  Considering that supply is nearly twice that of the iPhone 5 launch, that also suggests that demand for the 5s is higher (even when you factor in the launch in China).

Anyway, Apple has since sent me a note letting me know that they'll ship my device between 10/24 and 10/28.  Sorry, but I didn't have to wait like this for either the 4s or the 5.  My memory is perfectly fine in this regard anyway.