iPhone 5s represents 3.8% of all iPhones in use, US has highest 5c adoption rate

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    Quote:

Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

The funny thing is that the people who point to the lower 5c sales numbers as being a "bad thing" are usually the same people that thought it was a "bad thing" that the iPhone 4 and 4S outsold the iPhone 5.

I wonder what conditions would be required for these people to be happy?

Is there definitive evidence that 4 and 4S outsold 5? I seem to recall the contrary.

I hope that no one outside of Apple depends on sales of iPhones for happiness.

• Reply 22 of 30
    retrogustoretrogusto Posts: 1,112member
    That's not true. The word flagship doesn't imply most profitable, greatest volume or highest price. You are shaping its meaning to fit your narrative. :)

Well, according to Merriam-Webster, "flagship" means

: the ship that carries the commander of a group of ships

Or

: the best, largest, or most important one of a group of things (such as products, stores, etc.)

And since the best is the most expensive (because you can always charge more for the best than for lesser models),

and with margins as large as Apple's are with the iPhone, where the "best" (or flagship) is a full $100 more than the second best but of course doesn't cost $100 more to make,

Flagship does indeed imply "most profitable" and "highest price."
  • Reply 23 of 30
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Retrogusto View Post

And since the best is the most expensive

This is not even remotely close to being a true statment.

• Reply 24 of 30
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

The 5C is a non-starter in countries where prepaid is the norm.

Unsurprisingly it's doing well in the US where one can easily find offers for "free" 5Cs with 2 year contract.

Here in Australia people are baulking at paying $739 for a plastic phone. So they're available to ship within 24 hours. For 5s there's a 2-3 week wait.

• Reply 25 of 30
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

I think the 5c is a winner...I will be getting a gold 5s though

If only I had a penny for every time this was said...

• Reply 26 of 30
    noirdesirnoirdesir Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

The 5C is a non-starter in countries where prepaid is the norm.

Unsurprisingly it's doing well in the US where one can easily find offers for "free" 5Cs with 2 year contract.

It's not necessarily that pre-paid is the norm in those countries (unless you count no-subsidy post-paid contracts as 'pre-paid'), it is more about having very variable subsidies. If you can choose between contracts with a subsidy of $600, one with $500, one $400, one with $300, one with $200, and one with zero Dollar, where the monthly rate has a progression in the opposite direction, then there is no perceived subsidised price for a phone. The only price for a 5c that is universal is its unlocked price (or maybe the personal, subsidised price you get when extending your existing contract and that price is different even for different people extending the same contract, depending on how much money you have made the provider in the last couple of years).  

• Reply 27 of 30
    rogifan wrote: »
    These percentages are based on how much data exactly?
    I agree
  • Reply 28 of 30
    rolyroly Posts: 74member
    I
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I definitely can believe that the iPhone is doing great in Japan.

I like to profile people, and it seems that almost all Japanese girls that I see on the subway and when I'm out and about are using iPhones. I did see one Asian girl yesterday who took out some huge Android phone on the subway, but I think that she was probably Korean.
    I just came back from 3 weeks in Japan. EVERYONE on the subway had an iPhone. Unfortunately I couldn't pickup a new 5s there as there is no SIM-free market there....where I live in Asia you can't get the 5s for love nor money. They were released here last Friday, and my local carriers sold out the same day. Though DTAC said they only received a paltry 9 units! Lol
  • Reply 29 of 30

Want to earn money & help your family without going anywhere.........I make $60h - $92h...how? I'm working online now its ur turn to make money at home...................... Buzz55.?om 

Just open Home tab nd make money