Logitech, Belkin unveil new keyboard accessories for Apple's iPad Air

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Originally Posted by AppeX View Post

iOS toy!

Enjoy being wrong and mocked as the fool you are.

• Reply 22 of 33
    homiehomie Posts: 44member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Getz View Post

How is those keyboard for taking an iPad in and out of? Again, I want to slip one on just for needed typing, but keep it off 80% of the time for consumption. 

Thoughts? 

It is as easy to take off as the smart cover.  It just sticks on with magnets.  I really don't care much about coverage on the back since I usually put a Zagg skin (or a cheaper version from BSE) on the back of my iPad anyway.  I just want the screen covered and something to stand it up on.  The Smart cover is perfect 80% of the time for me and if I think I will have some work to do I just clip on the Logitech Ultrathin.  Easy.

Looking at these though I might try the Belkin Thin cover.  It looks a little thinner.  I would like to see them in person with my new iPad first :) Also, I don't see a space grey color here...

• Reply 23 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Homie View Post

It is as easy to take off as the smart cover.  It just sticks on with magnets.  I really don't care much about coverage on the back since I usually put a Zagg skin (or a cheaper version from BSE) on the back of my iPad anyway.  I just want the screen covered and something to stand it up on.  The Smart cover is perfect 80% of the time for me and if I think I will have some work to do I just clip on the Logitech Ultrathin.  Easy.

Looking at these though I might try the Belkin Thin cover.  It looks a little thinner.  I would like to see them in person with my new iPad first :) Also, I don't see a space grey color here...

Thanks Homie!

• Reply 24 of 33
    homiehomie Posts: 44member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Getz View Post

Thanks Homie!

UR welcome.  Really for occasional use typing these keyboard covers are very nice to have and keep me from carrying my old fashioned laptop.  

• Reply 25 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Homie View Post

You say a keyboard is clumsy and heavy and hanging on to an old model of working. Yet your suggested remedy is to bring a laptop? lol. I think you are the one who is missing the whole post-PC, work in 2013 not 2002 model. A very small, light keyboard cover really helps and keeps me from bringing my MBA on most business trips.

Good point! :)

Carry/own a thin keyboard as opposed to carrying around and owning an expensive MBA.

• Reply 26 of 33
    Remember the eMate? A keyboard version of the newton? Got me thru university. I could type and keep up with the lecturer and draw all the economics graphs and all that. And the battery lasted more than 1 day. This is why a keyboard is good for an ipad. When you need a lot of notes and want a touchscreen too, and don't want your laptop running out of batteries. This isn't backwards thinking, it's just a specific need that these solutions help with. Now I don't go to university any more I rarely use a setup like this (I have an apple keyboard with an origami case that holds the ipad at one angle). I'll probably look into a keyboard like the Smart Cover as i also use a Smart Cover for my current ipad 2 - why not have a keyboard in that cover just in case? But I agree, iPads are really best when used as an ipad. But it's silly to poo pop these cases as there are still many uses that make this solution, an ipad with a physical keyboard, superior to a laptop. People say "just use a laptop" but a laptop doesn't have a touchscreen and even the new laptops with longer battery life do not compare to the battery life of an ipad. Get over dissing these keyboard solutions! It's a really old and dumb argument against them ("just buy a laptop!").
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Poo poo not pop haha
  • Reply 28 of 33
    So why do they need a keyboard? If they do, why do they need to position it like a notebook? Where is the mouse?
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Enjoy being wrong and mocked as the fool you are.

You do a  lot of trolling for someone who has posted on an internet forum more than 29k times.

Sweet lord - take a breather and go outside.... go on a date... make a friend

• Reply 30 of 33
    Originally Posted by sixstrings03

[post]

Just stop supporting idiocy. It shouldn’t be that difficult. What right do people have to post lies? What reason do people have to be allowed to stick around on a website when all they do is complain about the content thereof?

• Reply 31 of 33

Want to earn money & help your family without going anywhere.........I make $60h - $92h...how? I'm working online now its ur turn to make money at home...................... Buzz55.?om 

Just open Home tab nd make money

• Reply 32 of 33
    There is a report about ipad accessories for daily work, if any of you are interested here is the link:
    http://ipadaccessoriesforwork.com/about-page/
  • Reply 33 of 33

That first profile shot of the logictech looks beautiful (why have i not seen this yet) with the white keys and all. Not a big fan of the folding design though, i picked up an ebay special book style case when i first got my Air...needless to say it only lasted five months or so. The one i use regularly is this ipad keyboard case as it doesnt come with all the extra bulk and fits in an old netbook bag rather nicely but I am getting tired of its smaller key than normal keyset and am looking for a full sized board. Think I may take a chance with that logictech though. Also sorry to dig this up im on mission to find a new keyboard.