Apple's iPad Air now available in US Online Apple Store

Comments

• Reply 21 of 65
    zindako wrote: »
    WTF, where is the Mini?

If you watched the keynote or have been reading any news at all, you would know that it is slated to be released only by the end of November.

November 21 is the speculation.
  • Reply 22 of 65
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Ordered from AT&T.com last night about 2:50 AM, it was already live. No info whatsoever on shipping date however. Will be pissed if it is not shipped by the end of today.
  • Reply 23 of 65
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Ordered mine at 8 EDT very easy. To pick up later today in SOho. 128 GB Wifi Silver
    Obviously not an iPhone release nor iPad- like in the past.
  • Reply 24 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

Ordered a space grey 64GB one pretty much right when it opened.

Can't wait to pick it up later today.  And the mall has a California Pizza Kitchen, so bonus. :)

Next to the Microsoft Store, LOL

• Reply 25 of 65
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    RIDICULOUS NAME.

The iPad Ar weighs 1.00 pound. The iPad 2 weighs 1.33 pounds. Wow. The latest model practically floats off the table.

Seriously why didn't they just keep the name iPad? This is as bad as the iPhone 5c, which is just an iPhone 5 in a plastic case. Why change the name?

Ridiculous.
  • Reply 26 of 65
    Ordered space grey 128 gb wifi , was easy to order it I wasn't sick I would have picked it up. In person but Monday is good enough for me.
  • Reply 27 of 65
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Swung by Best Buy at 8am on my way into work- walked right in- no line- out the door in 3-5 minutes and didn't have to deal with mall parking and the Apple Store wait. Too bad Best Buy is a dead man walking... it def. is convenient on launch days.
  • Reply 28 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

Seriously why didn't they just keep the name iPad? This is as bad as the iPhone 5c, which is just an iPhone 5 in a plastic case. Why change the name?

Ridiculous.

The 5c at least makes since... it is a different color.  I dislike the Air name.  I would just assume that people call it the iPad in the real world- no way I'm saying "You have an iPad?  I have an iPad Air"

• Reply 29 of 65

On a side note, I think Apple has got a winner in space grey. 

• Reply 30 of 65
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    It could be worse and be called the iPad Magic.
  • Reply 31 of 65

Confirmed: Apple & Best Buy will price match Walmart’s $479 iPad Air deal in stores

• Reply 32 of 65
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member

Got my iPad Air today from Best Buy. Only 9 people in line ahead of me, and I was out within 15 minutes. Ended up paying a grand total of $0 for my 32GB WiFi Space Grey and (RED) Smart Cover. Used $455 in Best Buy Rewards Certificates and $220 in Best Buy gift cards that I cashed out from Credit Card miles.

• Reply 33 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Got my iPad Air today from Best Buy. Only 9 people in line ahead of me, and I was out within 15 minutes. Ended up paying a grand total of $0 for my 32GB WiFi Space Grey and (RED) Smart Cover. Used $455 in Best Buy Rewards Certificates and $220 in Best Buy gift cards that I cashed out from Credit Card miles.

Well played.

• Reply 34 of 65
    Quote:

And got another $25 in reward points for your next purchase... towards the iPad Mini w/ Retina.  ;)

• Reply 35 of 65
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

And got another $25 in reward points for your next purchase... towards the iPad Mini w/ Retina.  ;)

I don't think so. Since I didn't pay anything out of pocket, I don't earn any rewards for this purchase. I think that rewards are only accumulated for what you actually pay out of pocket (cash, credit card, etc).

• Reply 36 of 65
    Quote:

I don't think so. Since I didn't pay anything out of pocket, I don't earn any rewards for this purchase. I think that rewards are only accumulated for what you actually pay out of pocket (cash, credit card, etc).

Gift cards are the same as cash- sp maybe you got $15.

• Reply 37 of 65
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    So I did in store pick up and everyone who did got moved to the front to get their devices first. I like the space gray color but the white gets me every time....ATT 32GB
  • Reply 38 of 65
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    I just clicked refresh about once per minute until it worked. It was a few minutes late.

Not what I found. The store, on my iPad, and the Apple store app on both the phone and iPad didn't give the message "we'll be right back" until about 2am. I refreshed numerous times, including completely closing Safari and the apps. Only later did the message come on the screen of the web site and the apps. It took until about 3am until the store and apps were ready for sales. I though it was very strange.

But I did get the space grey, 128 GB LTE model from Verizon. Hopefully, it will be here in a few days. Previously I've stood in line for three hours. But they went on sale at 6pm, not 8am. Standing in line was fun because of meeting a lot of people, and sharing interesting information about how it was used, and how people were intending to use them. About half were buying them for their businesses. I'll miss that.
  • Reply 39 of 65
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    andysol wrote: »
    The 5c at least makes since... it is a different color.  I dislike the Air name.  I would just assume that people call it the iPad in the real world- no way I'm saying "You have an iPad?  I have an iPad Air"

If people ask me which iPad I have, or whether I have one, I'll just say "I have the air", which is what I imagine most people will say.
  • Reply 40 of 65

After much debate, I finally decided on buying my first Silver iPad. I ordered from the Apple Store online right at 12am. I'm hoping it delivers on 11/4 as the website says.