Judge whittles Apple v. Samsung case down as Schiller concludes testimony [u]

Comments

• Reply 61 of 108
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    bighype wrote: »
    Judge Koh sounds like a Samsung shill. Maybe she's defending her asians.

Racist.
    mazecookie wrote: »
    Judge Koh is the first District Court Judge of Korean descent. Coincidence? I think not.

Racist
    Not so sure that the comments about Judge Koh are racist in the strictest sense. She's not being denigrated because of some perceived inferiority based on her race. She's being accused of being biased because of a race-based conflict of interest. Psychology has long shown that people instinctively cut others slack if they share some profound commonality with them. Judges obviously have to fight against this in themselves constantly. But because the argument is between two parties who represent Korean and American interests, even the perception of bias should be avoided. A wise Judge would put that perception before any ego-based impulse to prove that her racial/cultural background does not effect her fairness.

Seriously? So then white people can't decide cases if either party is white.
    sabrfan30 wrote: »
    Apple NEEDS to quit crying foul everytime they have a bad sales quarter. ..They had NEVER suffered a quarter loss when Steve Jobs had the company. But they suffered TWO this past year. Bottom line is this: IT'S TIME TO PUT THIS MESS ASIDE & GET BACK TO THE BASICS OF WHAT APPLE DOES WELL. AND THAT'S MAKING APPLE PRODUCTS PERIOD. Have a great day everyone.

Aren't you a troll. A "bad" sales qtr is still more successful than most companies' record qtr. oh and how is selling more iPhones than the previous year bad again?

A decrease in growth != a loss. Why can't folks understand that? A "steve jobs never" meme again.
  • Reply 62 of 108
    adamcadamc Posts: 583member
    teejay2012 wrote: »
    Was there no merit to the 4 patents she dismissed?
    She obviously does not care that this looks biased, but is she legally correct to do so?

I had heard this before, yes, can't believe Denise cole is judging this case.

• Reply 63 of 108
    What is wrong with us Apple fans???!!! We are turning Apple to become our idol, that nothing can top that. please, Apple fans! Do not despise Samsung or Asians, our Apple products are mostly made in China! We are contradicting ourselves! How much would Apple willing to pay for their employees? our products are cheaper than it is, even though it is outsourced. We are blinded by the articles that we read from just AI, we need to compare with other websites. Please do not be blinded by just one article. More Apple fans will become extremist. Sad to say, not defending Samsung, but seeing a bigger picture of the whole world. You can shoot all you want about other competitors, but it is clear that we need to do our own research on all products before we make our own statements.
  • Reply 64 of 108
    hmm wrote: »

I suppose if she was your friend, you would think of her as your "Korean friend". The judge is from the US. She's of Korean descent. All I can add is that you may want to think on that. I don't see how anyone could fail to grasp the concept given enough time.

She's not Korean outside of race. Do you refer to Black people as African? I'm familiar with the term "African American", but I suspect you do not expect your colleagues to send you spam email just because of their skin color. Your assertion here has about the same amount of validity. Right now you are pegging someone to a geographic location where they didn't grow up.

jungmark wrote: »
    Racist.
    Racist
    Seriously? So then white people can't decide cases if either party is white.
    Aren't you a troll. A "bad" sales qtr is still more successful than most companies' record qtr. oh and how is selling more iPhones than the previous year bad again?

A decrease in growth != a loss. Why can't folks understand that? A "steve jobs never" meme again.

Let me clarify.
    Racism is stereotyping an entire race. Racism is generalisation regarding race. Racism is NOT talking about a race.

I can talk about any race as much as I like, it is not offensive to anyone, nor is it racism until I generalise an entire race.

I would just like to point out, I'm talking about one person. If anyone thinks this thread has had any racism I suggest renerolling at your local school.
  • Reply 65 of 108
    galron wrote: »
    What is wrong with us Apple fans???!!! We are turning Apple to become our idol, that nothing can top that. please, Apple fans! Do not despise Samsung or Asians, our Apple products are mostly made in China! We are contradicting ourselves! How much would Apple willing to pay for their employees? our products are cheaper than it is, even though it is outsourced. We are blinded by the articles that we read from just AI, we need to compare with other websites. Please do not be blinded by just one article. More Apple fans will become extremist. Sad to say, not defending Samsung, but seeing a bigger picture of the whole world. You can shoot all you want about other competitors, but it is clear that we need to do our own research on all products before we make our own statements.

Nothing against your point about being blinded, I think that is valid.

But regarding products made in China, Tim Cook has said they are made there not because of price but because the skills are not in the US. My best guess is Apple will move most manufacturing to the US by 2020.
  • Reply 66 of 108

Obviously seem like the Korean goons must have gotten to her! How would she like if someone copies her Judgementship? What I guess we really don't want that to happen - It will put all American innovations in the hands of Koreans

• Reply 67 of 108
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zoffdino View Post

So with Samsung admitting guilt, does it mean that there is no appeal possible? Yes, they may appeal the damage, but will they be able to appeal the "guilty" verdict from the first trial? Any I will never buy a product from Samscrum.

You might not, but Apple will.

• Reply 68 of 108
    mazecookie wrote: »

Let me clarify.
    Racism is stereotyping an entire race. Racism is generalisation regarding race. Racism is NOT talking about a race.

I can talk about any race as much as I like, it is not offensive to anyone, nor is it racism until I generalise an entire race.

I would just like to point out, I'm talking about one person. If anyone thinks this thread has had any racism I suggest renerolling at your local school.

Interesting combination of patronizing and wrong.
  • Reply 69 of 108
    Mikey, thanks for the clarifications, the article is much more clear and accurate now!
  • Reply 70 of 108
    She is Korean American, other Asians have different culture and moral than Koreans, I think she has been biased.
  • Reply 71 of 108
    There's no call for racism.
    I am Asian, but won't agreed with her as she is behaving like there is a hidden agenda
  • Reply 72 of 108
    Apple should sue her and tell the court to ask her to disclose hers and immediate family members' bank accounts, plus all phone conversations with the Samscum team and hired lawyers.
  • Reply 73 of 108
    Interesting combination of patronizing and wrong.

Interesting statement, shame it is unfounded. If you would like to elaborate your point, that might be useful.
  • Reply 74 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjaer View Post

When did AppleInsider become a haven for trolls?

It has been like that for quite some time. TallestSkill just keep insulting people with his incredibly stupid comments, get banned for sometime but now back to full force of ignorance.

• Reply 75 of 108
    I will never buy another product from Samsung either. No decent American should.
  • Reply 76 of 108
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    What does the ethnicity of the judge has to do with the courts?
    Those who use the race card is nothing short of ignorant. Is that the best argument you can give?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by water cooler View Post

She is Korean American, other Asians have different culture and moral than Koreans, I think she has been biased.

Talk about generalization. You been around the block? Get off your high pedestal.
  • Reply 77 of 108
    Here is the skinny. Steve Jobs recruited a variety of people to join the of Apple Board. One example is Al Gore who promoted the internet to fellow senators. Others were fellow industry leaders. Example: Bill Gates of Microsoft.

Here is where the story gets darker.

CEO Eric Schmidt CO of Google - the search engine company - joined the Apple board about year 2005, Schmidt was their to witness the development of a revolutionary phone. The iPhone was launched in the middle of year 2007. Schmidt left the board a while later, still Google CEO.

A few years later Google launched a new product %u2013 Android %u2013 and gave it away for free. Was not a phone but had all the makings of an iPhone.

Currently Samsung is, in fact, the runner up market leader behind iPhone. I am not impressed with Samsung%u2019s success. I know how they got there - with someone else%u2019s idea.
  • Reply 78 of 108

Her

Here is the skinny. Steve Jobs recruited a variety of people to join the of Apple Board. One example is Al Gore who promoted the internet to fellow senators. Others were fellow industry leaders. Example: Bill Gates of Microsoft.

CEO Eric Schmidt CO of Google - the search engine company - joined the Apple board about year 2005, Schmidt was their to witness the development of a revolutionary phone. The iPhone was launched in the middle of year 2007. Schmidt left the board a while later, still Google CEO.

A few years later Google launched a new product – Android – and gave it away for free. Was not a phone but had all the makings of an iPhone.

Currently Samsung is, in fact, the runner up market leader behind iPhone. I am not impressed with Samsung’s success. I know how they got there - with someone else’s idea.

• Reply 79 of 108

A few years later Google launched a new product %u2013 Android %u2013 and gave it away for free. Was not a phone but had all the makings of an iPhone.

Currently Samsung is, in fact, the runner up market leader behind iPhone. I am not impressed with Samsung%u2019s success. I know how they got there - with someone else%u2019s idea.
  • Reply 80 of 108